2020 Projected Depth Chart & Scholarship Numbers

JMG

Sophomore
Currently sitting at 79 total scholarships. Definitely expect us to take another 10 kids with a few kids who will be leaving.

We technically have 6 spots open.

Receiver group looks really really weak. However if there is one position to be young at its WR.

CB depth is a disaster.

Canes ’20

Total: (77)

Offense: (38)

QB(5): Jarren Williams | Tate Martell | N'Kosi Perry | Peyton Mechoda | Tyler Van Dyke

RB(5): Cam’ron Harris | Lorenzo Lingard | Robert Burns | Don Chaney | Jaylan Knighton

WR-X(8): Dee Wiggins | Michael Redding | Daz Worsham

WR-Z: Mark Pope | Jeremiah Payton

WR-Y: Mike Harley | Marshall Few | Xavier Restrepo

TE(6): Brevin Jordan | Will Mallory | Michael Irvin Jr. | Brian Polendey | Larry Hodges | Dominic Mammarelli

LT(6): Zion Nelson | Kai-Leon Herbert | Chris Washington | Jalen Rivers

LG(8): Navaughn Donaldson | John Campbell | Zalontae Hillary

C: Corey Gaynor | Ousman Traore

RG: Jakai Clark | Cleveland Reed | Zach Dykstra

RT: DJ Scaife | Adam ElGammal

Defense: 4-3(36)

DE(8): Gregory Rousseau | Jahfari Harvey | Jaelan Phillips | Chantz Williams

DT(7): Jon Ford | Jordan Miller | Jalar Holley | Quentin Williams

DT: Nesta Silvera | Tyreic Martin | Jared Harrison-Hunte

DE: Scott Patchan | Jalen Blissett | Cameron Williams | Elijah Roberts

Striker(3): Gilbert Frierson | Jalen Harrell | Keshawn Washington

MLB(4): Zach McCloud | Bradley Jennings Jr. | Tirek Austin Cave | Corey Flagg

WLB(4): Sam Brooks | Patrick Joyner | Avery Huff | Waynmon Steed

CB(5): Al Blades Jr | Te’Cory Couch

SS(5): Amari Carter | Keontra Smith

FS: Bubba Bolden | Gurvan Hall | Brian Balom

CB: DJ Ivey | Christian Williams
| Marcus Clarke

Special Teams(3):

K(1): Camden Price | Bubba Baxa

P(1): Louis Hedley 

LS(1): Clay James 

PR: Deejay Dallas

KR: Deejay Dallas | Mike Harley

Last edited:
Advertisement
A lot of dead weight in there. QB, TE, too many RBs, OL needs to cut about 4 of those guys and the rest should be happy as back ups on the team. We’ll be lucky if 2 of those WRs are consistent enough to start. That’s just the offense.

We can only take 7 more max unless we sign some transfers later on that'll count towards our '21 class.

A lot of dead weight in there. QB, TE, too many RBs, OL needs to cut about 4 of those guys and the rest should be happy as back ups on the team. We’ll be lucky if 2 of those WRs are consistent enough to start. That’s just the offense.

Whelp DJ is gone and wouldn’t be surprised if LinGawwww left via transfer since our coaches apparently hate him

QB will soon be trimmed with Perry and JW leaving via transfer

TE I think we’re fine as Brevin leaves next year

Advertisement
Whelp DJ is gone and wouldn’t be surprised if LinGawwww left via transfer since our coaches apparently hate him

Just saying a lot of dead weight. We could lose 2 QBs, 2 TE, still lose a RB (although I prefer Lo stays out of the bunch) and like I said about 4 of those OL don’t belong on the scout team even. At WR we have a bunch of 3rd WR depth chart guys until one of the Freshman or new recruits prove me wrong. No #1 or #2 alphas at WR.

too many RBS???? we were at a point this year that a WALK ON was getting burn.

Advertisement
Need 2 corners 2 ol and then either 2 receivers or 1 reciever and 1 safety for the last 6 spots

Advertisement

Irvin is gone next year and Polendey is prob transferring this year

I would take navaughn Donaldson off the roster also rumors he declares
Would be hilarious

Jason Blissett is a DT & Quentin Williams is a DE. WR, O line, and corner looking unspectacular to say the least.

Advertisement
I would take navaughn Donaldson off the roster also rumors he declares

The guy got benched and couldnt handle the Duke DL. LOLOLOLOL how could he even contemplate declaring? Who is ****** talking to these kids?

Needs a year to completely rebuild his body, drop 30 pounds, build strength and come back his senior year with a new hunger. Then he may have a chance in the NFL. **** some of these kids are just lazy and stupid...

I stated this on the recruiting board, Canes self impose restrictions as most years they don't get past 80 'ship players and my prediction in 2020 is much of the same. Expect several others to leave....can't play or injuries. And lol at Few getting a 'ship....

This is getting ridiculous. Players red shirt year 1, play sporadically as a red shirt freshman and then leave after the next year. We get the good players for 1 1/2 seasons and there gone.

We need all our top recruits to EE and play the first year sporadically and then get them for the next 2 full years.

Advertisement
Back