2020 OL prospects

Combo

Sophomore
I've heard and read that the '20 OL class in So Florida (or maybe FL as a whole) is supposed to be really good. Can anyone tell me who are the top guys and our chances with them? From what I've read about 2020, the DL prospects look really good, but I can't tell with the OL guys. I don't live in So Florida, so I have to go off of what I read and/or hear.

Advertisement
These are the top florida o lineman prospects
Jalen Rivers- oakleaf hs
Marcus Dumervil- STA
Jonathan Denis- South Dade hs
Isaiah Walker- miami norland
Richie Leonard- cocoa hs
Jovens janvier- hialeah champagnat
Miller merriweather lewis- ocala vanguard
Marlon martinez- STA
Thomas Shrader- venice
Gerald mincey- cardinal gibbons
Jose mirabal- south dade

We have good chances to grab both south dade guys. The big fish are rivers, dumervil, and walker. Unlikely as of now to land rivers or dumervil, walker is feeling us a lot more it seems. I personally like Shraders tape and hope the staff gets more aggressive with him. State of Florida pretty good this year for o line but still very likely we snag an OOS lineman in 2020 class.

These are the top florida o lineman prospects
Jalen Rivers- oakleaf hs
Marcus Dumervil- STA
Jonathan Denis- South Dade hs
Isaiah Walker- miami norland
Richie Leonard- cocoa hs
Jovens janvier- hialeah champagnat
Miller merriweather lewis- ocala vanguard
Marlon martinez- STA
Thomas Shrader- venice
Gerald mincey- cardinal gibbons
Jose mirabal- south dade

We have good chances to grab both south dade guys. The big fish are rivers, dumervil, and walker. Unlikely as of now to land rivers or dumervil, walker is feeling us a lot more it seems. I personally like Shraders tape and hope the staff gets more aggressive with him. State of Florida pretty good this year for o line but still very likely we snag an OOS lineman in 2020 class.

Also worth noting Willis at Killian, Mawali at Chaminade, and Love at AH, Mary-Asse at Pace...Janvier I believed transferred to Miami Christian.

Think Tampa has a kid or two as well.

Last edited:
I ask because I think we really need to step up our OL recruiting (though better coaching should help also - Searles was garbage).

I'm confident we'll do well with DL, DBs, WRs, RB, TE. But I'm a bit worried about OL.

Advertisement
I ask because I think we really need to step up our OL recruiting (though better coaching should help also - Searles was garbage).

I'm confident we'll do well with DL, DBs, WRs, RB, TE. But I'm a bit worried about OL.
Coaching is paramount but also improved evaluation of the o lineman needs to be WAY better. I hope Barry having a more national approach with recruiting translates to evaluation of better prospects.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back