2020 OL Jalen Rivers and 2020 Chantz Williams talk canes

View as article

ErickMarreroU

Staff Writer
Premium
IMG_9671.jpg IMG_9670.jpg

During the course of spring practice for the Miami Hurricanes, UM has tons of recruits attending practices.

Last Thursday, Miami offered two studs from Oakleaf HS 2020 DE Chantz Williams and 2020 OL Jalen Rivers.

Chantz “It’s truly a blessing,” Willams said. “I didn’t expect the offer to come, so that’s what makes it more special.”

Jalen “It’s a dream come true,” Rivers said. “I’m shocked honestly.”

Both Chantz and Jalen told CanesInSight that they didn’t have a favorite school growing up, but if they had to choose one, it would be the Miami Hurricanes.

Chantz “I never really had a favorite school growing up,” Williams said “I was raised in a Miami Household and when i would go over Jalen’s house it would be all Miami, so i really like Miami.”

Jalen “Growing up, my household was all of the U,” Rivers said “When Chantz would come over and we would always talk about Miami and stuff, so Miami has always been in my heart."

Chantz and Jalen were able to speak to an alum of their high school: Shaq Quaterman.

Chantz “Shaq is the man,” Williams said. “He couldn’t show us around because he had classes and stuff, but when he was able to be with us. He was talking to us about Miami and why this place is so great.”

Jalen “Shaq is always there for anyone in the Oakleaf community,” Rivers said. “He wants us to do great things at Oakleaf and he wants us to be Miami Hurricanes.”

Mark Richt and the staff told Chantz and Jalen that they’re welcomed anytime on campus.

Advertisement
It's great to have Shaq as a presence at that school and to these kids, but unfortunately that bad MF is going to be getting paid by the time these kids enroll in college.

LOVE seeing this staff putting in work in Jacksonville, Orlando, Tampa as well as other smaller metro areas in our state.

UF and FSU are opposite sides of the very same coin.

Not all kids want to want to spend their college years in Gainesville or Trailerhassee.

The University of Miami offers something totally different.

If CMR can get this thing rolling, I think we could see the sort of star-studded classes Pete Carroll was bringing into USC in the 2000s.

Advertisement
[MENTION=10044]UknowWhat[/MENTION] ....any input on these future canes?
Both great kids... Jalen is a gaint and very athletic... and Chantz I may be stretching but he may be the best defensive player in North Florida

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

LOVE seeing this staff putting in work in Jacksonville, Orlando, Tampa as well as other smaller metro areas in our state.

UF and FSU are opposite sides of the very same coin.

Not all kids want to want to spend their college years in Gainesville or Trailerhassee.

The University of Miami offers something totally different.

If CMR can get this thing rolling, I think we could see the sort of star-studded classes Pete Carroll was bringing into USC in the 2000s.

**** man, Pete Carrol's classes weren't any better than what Butch brought in his last 3 years & the early 2000's for us... We racked'em up too. Paradise Camp will be a huge week even after the big pool party weekend is done. Not just this class but 19/20 too

Advertisement
[MENTION=10044]UknowWhat[/MENTION] ....any input on these future canes?
Both great kids... Jalen is a gaint and very athletic... and Chantz I may be stretching but he may be the best defensive player in North Florida

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

These 2 and the Hunter kid out of Ft. Myers are examples of what I been saying all along. There are many households throughout Florida that are Canes fans. Our success is what, especially fsu and the lizards, college football in general feared, a Canes program with skilled leadership and institutional/financial backing. Our Location, for talent, The City and social aspects are unmatched anywhere. Even USC!

Advertisement
Back