2020 MLB Draft canceled?

CTCANE

Junior
Reading that it could happen, If that happens, all our players could be back next year, if their parents have any $ left to pay tuition and room and board not covered

Advertisement
Could we actually be so lucky? We'd finally have a roster on par w the SEC schools in terms of talented depth.

It's a real possibility, but I have zero idea how Gino or most college coaches would handle that. I mean you've promised scholarship $ to a lot of incoming recruits because you had every reason to assume lots of guys were leaving. With seniors getting an extra year, you'd then have everyone eligible to come back, plus 20+ HS and Juco recruits. I'd assume the 3 HS players in our who are likely 1st/2nd round picks would just spend a year at Juco then re-enter the 2021 draft, but who knows. You'd have a lot of transfers and/or recruits go elsewhere obviously, although we'd probably be a winner just because of the high end talent we'd be able to retain.

It's a real possibility, but I have zero idea how Gino or most college coaches would handle that. I mean you've promised scholarship $ to a lot of incoming recruits because you had every reason to assume lots of guys were leaving. With seniors getting an extra year, you'd then have everyone eligible to come back, plus 20+ HS and Juco recruits. I'd assume the 3 HS players in our who are likely 1st/2nd round picks would just spend a year at Juco then re-enter the 2021 draft, but who knows. You'd have a lot of transfers and/or recruits go elsewhere obviously, although we'd probably be a winner just because of the high end talent we'd be able to retain.

I thought I read somewhere that scholarships might be increased for the one transition year. If they don't do something like that, every spring sport would seem to be in quite a predicament, especially at the private schools based on the disproportionate financial burden on those institutions.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back