2020 miami db highlights

brock

All-American

D423BAE6-3C85-4FDF-BDAF-D933E3210EDA.jpeg

I think We should be able to field a pretty good db group next season. Not only because of their talent but i expect for Miami to have an elite pass rush once again, possibly even better than it’s been in any of the last 4 seasons. We obviously saw flashes with this group(even with ivey who was bad in a handful of games) but what most forget was how young they were last year especially in terms of experience. Look at how guys like redwine/Jackson/Jaquan looked in their second year yet they immediately improved as juniors. Our current dbs already have done more or have more experience than those guys I just Listed after their 2nd year at Miami. I expect improvements from these guys and also look for some of our talented young dbs like Keontra, Christian Williams,tecory couch, avantae,jalen Harrell plus other etc to provide some depth and make a name for themselves too especially at cb which there is an obvious opportunity

Last edited:
Advertisement
If they take the next step and stay healthy we should have a great secondary

CB 1: Blades - Williams
FS: Gurvan - Avantae
SS: Bolden - Amari
CB 2: Ivey - Couch

Striker: Frierson - Keontra

I still think Keontra should stay at S and Amari should move to Striker but both are similar players

Hall, and bolden flashed, I felt like blades shouldn’t come off the field for Ivey. Hopefully I’ve makes some huge strides!!!
Hall and Bolden need to be the starting Safeties. I'm hoping Blades can take the next step and be a #1 CB and then Ivey, Williams and Couch fill in the other CB spots.

Advertisement
If they take the next step and stay healthy we should have a great secondary

CB 1: Blades - Williams
FS: Gurvan - Avantae
SS: Bolden - Amari
CB 2: Ivey - Couch

Striker: Frierson - Keontra

I still think Keontra should stay at S and Amari should move to Striker but both are similar players
Carter should have moved to weakside linebacker a while ago, he doesn’t need to be in coverage at any point and would be a better player closer to the line of scrimmage

Hall and Bolden need to be the starting Safeties. I'm hoping Blades can take the next step and be a #1 CB and then Ivey, Williams and Couch fill in the other CB spots.

All these guys have the ability to be very good. They all have size and decent speed, none being blazers though. Blades was third in the country in passer rating allowed when thrown against, Ivey had the most turnovers, but got burnt a few time but was great in run support and screen passes. Bolden was good in coverage and made the whole thing go by playing center field. Hall had some big hits and a lot of tackles. Gil was good when he got in the game and that pic he had is a sign of things to come. They will all get better for sure. The jump they will make from having a year under their belts will be nice. If our D-line eats everybody gon eat!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back