2020 Miami commit Samuel Anaele talks about Future 50, Canes and more

View as article

ErickMarreroU

Staff Writer
Premium
South Florida has always been a hotbed for some of the nation’s top high school football players, but over the past couple of years, players with no football background have burst onto the scene like 2018 Auburn signee Kayode Oladele and 2019 Miami commit Denzel Daxon. Shift over to 2020, and you will find 2020 Miami commit Samuel Anaele. Anaele, who starting playing football one year ago, has seen his stock rise since lacing it up on the gridiron; fast forward one year later, and Anaele has received an invite to one of the most premier underclassmen events in the country: the UA Future 50 event.

“It’s very special,” Anaele said. “I’m happy, I’m ecstatic, and I just have to keep working and do what I do best. It’s only going to get better.”

For a player like Anaele with a limited football background, the learning curve is immense and he has improved tremendously since stepping onto the field. He’s gone from no experience at all to being one of the highest rated recruits in his class in a little over a year.

“My technique has gotten a lot better, but I still need to continue working on it to perfect it,” Anaele said. “I think overall, I know I’ve grown my game and my knowledge of the game. I’m still growing and I still need to keep learning.”

Anaele has been committed to the Canes for over two months now and, while other schools are still actively recruiting him, Anaele said that his commitment is solid.

“It really solid to be honest,” Anaele said. “There’s really nothing much to it, I love Miami and I’m pretty locked in. There are other schools recruiting me, but Miami has the spot.”

Anaele commitment remains solid to the Canes despite the recent departure of Miami defensive line coach Craig Kuligowski; however, Anaele says that he’s very excited to meet Miami’s new defensive line coach Jess Simpson.

“I haven’t talked to him yet,” Anaele said. “Denzel tells me he’s a really nice guy, he understands his craft, and I’m happy that I’m going to be working with him. I’m excited and I cannot wait.”

Anaele also says he expects to be back at Miami sometime this month.

Advertisement
Somebody give him coaches number. He can only speak to him if he calls. Coach not allowed to call underclass men

Advertisement
Surprised that Simpson hasnt reached out yet....

He technically cannot reach out to him yet.

Per NCAA rules
- (all forms of private communication permitted). September first
- Telephone Call: One call during the period of April 15 through May 31
Only contact can be face to face and he has not been on campus since Simpson was hired

Come on now coach get on this kid, looks legit already. We can't afford anymore great kids getting away.

Advertisement
Advertisement
All jokes aside, I don't think that dude is 16. I mean, I can't be the only one thinking this lol. Dude looks like he's about 20-21, give or take.

LOL at the period clots on here getting on Simpson because he’s not violating NCAA rules. You boot lickers got yolkless egg on your face.

Advertisement
He technically cannot reach out to him yet.

Per NCAA rules
- (all forms of private communication permitted). September first
- Telephone Call: One call during the period of April 15 through May 31
Only contact can be face to face and he has not been on campus since Simpson was hired

Thank you for clarifying.

Advertisement
Back