2020 Miami Commit Henry Gray Recaps Paradise Camp

View as article

Matthew_Suero

Junior
Premium
Miami already has one of the top defensive backs in the 2020 class committed in Miami Central’s Henry Gray. The 6’1’’ 178 pound corner visited Miami for Paradise Camp and was one of the top performers.

“I think I played pretty good. It was my first time getting to meet the coaches and seeing how they coached me. It was a real good experience.”

Getting to see how Coach Rumph would coach him up when he arrived in Coral Gables did nothing but solidify how Gray felt about the Hurricanes.

“They coached me pretty good. You know Coach Rumph, he has the same kind of attitude as when he recruited me.”

One of the toughest receivers that Gray had to cover was fellow Miami commit Jeremiah Payton. This future Greentree matchup got a head start in making both players better.

“We did a lot together during 7-on-7. It was good competition.”

One of the other top receivers at Paradise Camp was Marcus Rosemy. Rosemy and Gray had some reps against each other at the camp and they will meet again when St. Thomas takes on Miami Central this season. As you would expect, there was a little smack talk between the two.

“He was a good one. We stay away from the smack talk, but I know those guys so it’s good fun. We’ll see them when we see them.”

Miami Central has one of the toughest schedules in the country going against teams like Cardinal Gibbons, St. Thomas, Booker T. Washington, and Northwestern. This is why it is even more important they are at peak condition heading into the season.

“Since the summer we have been preparing real hard. All the running, all the weight lifting that we do. We practice real, real hard so I think we will be ready.”

Gray transferred from Miramar last spring and the transition has been a bit of an eye opener for him.

“It’s way different from Miramar. Different attitudes, different work ethics. It’s going to make me a better player at the end of the day, so I appreciate it. It’s just a different type of standard at Central."

I wanted to get to that high level competition, so that’s another reason that I transferred.”

Gray is looking to improve on what was a solid sophomore season and dominate everyone this year.

“I want to get more picks and more touchdowns than I had last year. I want to aim for like 5 picks and take all of them back to the house. I want to have more tackles than I did last season too.”

Gray and the rest of South Florida Express dominated whenever they took the field in 7-on-7 this past season, which included bringing home the national championship.

“You know, it was a really great 7-on-7 season for me. I felt like I did really good. We got that natty, I had about 4 picks on the run to the championship.”

At this point, Gray’s coach interrupted and asked how many of those picks he took to the house.

“I mean they don’t let us take them back in 7-on-7, but I would have took all 4 back to the house for a touchdown.”

Gray will be in attendance for multiple Hurricanes games this season, but he may also travel out of state to see some other teams play.

“Maybe on the bye week. I might take a visit to Penn State, maybe Ohio State. If not one of those two, Clemson.”

Gray will be in Dallas on September 2nd to watch Miami take on LSU. He will also be at Hard Rock on October 6th to watch the Hurricanes take on the Noles. Gray expects Miami to win those two games and every other game on the schedule. He also gave a reassuring message to Canes fans everywhere.

“Just stay calm you know, you feel me. I’m not going anywhere, I’m 100% committed still.”

Advertisement
I really have a hard time of seeing this kid staying committed. Seems enamored with FSU & OSU.

I hope we keep him because I think he is a **** of a talent.

Name of the game is winning 11 or more games this year. That has to happen.

I really have a hard time of seeing this kid staying committed. Seems enamored with FSU & OSU.

You just posted in another thread that our defense is terrible. How do you expect us to win 11 games with a "terrible defense"?

You just posted in another thread that our defense is terrible. How do you expect us to win 11 games with a "terrible defense"?
I said Manny Diaz's defense sucks. Not that our team sucks. Winning 11 games is absolutely achievable.
That doesn't mean that our defensive coaching staff doesn't have some serious issues though.

More like Ohio state an Clemson, Henry stays an I could care less about Tyrique... just keep him away from Georgia.

Last edited:
Advertisement
So he's flying to Dallas to see Miami take on LSU? Sounds like he's 100% committed in my eyes. This kid is a high end 4 star with 5 star potential.

I said Manny Diaz's defense sucks. Not that our team sucks. Winning 11 games is absolutely achievable.
That doesn't mean that our defensive coaching staff doesn't have some serious issues though.

Hopefully the players are good enough to overcome how much the coaches suck

edit: note my sarcasm, friends

Last edited:
Hopefully the players are good enough to overcome how much the coaches suck
We can only hope.

I can't deal with giving up a 1st down on 3rd & 25 to ******* Syracuse because someone gets behind the defense.

Advertisement
I want to say this recruitment will be TS 2.0 but we already have him committed. So I don’t know how that’s gojng to change things. Better keep recruiting him as if he ain’t

Advertisement
The one thing i will say is this, manny cant calll the game he did against clemson, i was surprised at the passive defensive formations, instead of attacking clemson, we let their offense attack us. But i will say this, people keep talking and waiting to see if "Miami is Back" let me go head and make thee announcement, "WE BACK" the championship environment and tone has already been restablished by coach richt and coach rumph, 2 certified champs, which is why having coach kehoe not being here would've added to that, time will tell on coach searels. But the players are back to be hungry cause they back to having fun and being able to turn it lose like what we use too.

Alot of people dont understand how good a better redwine got by the end of the year, that man was making game changing plays that got over looked, against pitt, against clemson and against wisconsin as well. This team is about to wreck havoc, the best thing that happened to redwine last year was getting trucked by cam akers, its been on ever since.

I bet if we stay healthy and see clemson again, they gone get abused, that offense they run is trash, coach diaz played it wrong, that's a zone busting offense, when i was referring to redwine, the last 3 games of the year i know he forced a fumble in at least 2 of those games that had we been healthy on offense would've changed those games. People forget not only was Ahmon, herndon and walton out, but rosier was 100% after that unc game. He may not be the best qb, but he was the best qb when in mattered most in 10 games, and ill say 11 cause in that clemson game, has the refs made the pass interference calls we win that game.

The only reason that clemson offense worked because they took advantage of our linebackers being weak in pass coverage, those guys left interceptions on the field by being indecisive. If our linebackers improve in pass coverage, clemson will get shutdown. We got better players on offense than they have with the exception of our o-line they get the nod on that, but other than that, im not impressed with them. Their qb bryant didnt impress me as a passer, we just made it easy for em running zone.

Advertisement
As soon as coach diaz went back to being aggressive and bring pressure bryant looked like trash passing and that offense went no where. We played man against syracuse wideouts, why we playing zone coverage against renfrow, redemption is coming, dabo swinney and the rest of that overpaid staff are running on fumes when it comes to Miami and possibly even Fsu, who has alot of talent. All i know is, as long as we play like our hair is on fire, those last 3 games is perfect fuel for his team, add in the plethora of guys with something to prove, to me, Ahmon doesnt need to prove anything, if he stays healthy, the rest is automatic, simply put, he's in my mind the best receiver in college football, especially from a mental standpoint, than throw in jeff thomas and probably cager, we about to start coming at teams in drobes.

I luv that coach richt is n old school play caller, non of that look over at the sidelines crap by the qb or offense, he makes qb's be qb's.

More like Ohio state an Clemson, Henry stays an I could care less about Tyrique... just keep him away from Georgia.
Bite your tongue thing! WTF do you mean you could care less? Henry is 2020 Croot, Tyrique is 2019 Croot. Everyone here wants that kid in The Surge! You must be tripping balls ⚽🏀 🏈 😱

Advertisement
Back