2020 LB Ruben Hyppolite Visits Miami, Receives Offer

View as article
Ur talking in semantics though brother. I dont know what he ended up as. That's like my nephew before he fell out with gebbia he was a 5 star in cali he ended up a 4 star but everyone in the country knew him regardless. Devin was just the same on **** near any relevant site he was well known and colleges all around the country were heavy on him including us. If the stance is because of his production at Michigan and where he got drafted than anything other than a consensus 5 star is underrated than ur right. He was underrated. But if ur saying people slept on this kid AT ALL I gotta strongly disagree.

Nah that's not what I meant at all. He had like 35+ offers IIRC. That's why I said above that I'm not saying he was unknown. But he was absolutely underrated by the recruiting services, which is what we talk about all the time on this board and the only point I tried to make.

On 247 he was 42nd best LB in the country, and the 480th best player overall. That was his final ranking. A 3-star. He goes to Michigan and has the career he did. That's the literal definition of underrated. "Underestimate the extent, value, or importance of something or someone". You can put Devin Bush's picture next to that definition. That's all I was saying. People disagreeing with me that he wasn't underrated, that's insane.

But yes, I agree with you 100%. Being a broward kid especially, most of us knew the kid could play. I'm talking just as a national recruit, he was clearly undervalued. He sure as **** wasn't the 480th best player in his class. So yeah, people definitely did sleep on him. Maybe not coaches around the country (and judging from his offer sheet, coaches did NOT sleep on him), but these recruiting sites sure did. He was ranked 10 spots lower in the state than Emmett Rice lol.

Advertisement
Nah that's not what I meant at all. He had like 35+ offers IIRC. That's why I said above that I'm not saying he was unknown. But he was absolutely underrated by the recruiting services, which is what we talk about all the time on this board and the only point I tried to make.

On 247 he was 42nd best LB in the country, and the 480th best player overall. That was his final ranking. A 3-star. He goes to Michigan and has the career he did. That's the literal definition of underrated. "Underestimate the extent, value, or importance of something or someone". You can put Devin Bush's picture next to that definition. That's all I was saying. People disagreeing with me that he wasn't underrated, that's insane.

But yes, I agree with you 100%. Being a broward kid especially, most of us knew the kid could play. I'm talking just as a national recruit, he was clearly undervalued. He sure as **** wasn't the 480th best player in his class. So yeah, people definitely did sleep on him. Maybe not coaches around the country (and judging from his offer sheet, coaches did NOT sleep on him), but these recruiting sites sure did. He was ranked 10 spots lower in the state than Emmett Rice lol.
Its important to remember recruiting rankings etc. Are a fan thing. Any competent coach pays it very lil mind. From that perspective yup u dead right. But in the actual football community this kid was viewed as a beast. That's why his dad got the job up there was to lock him in. Everyone wanted him. We good brother

Its important to remember recruiting rankings etc. Are a fan thing. Any competent coach pays it very lil mind. From that perspective yup u dead right. But in the actual football community this kid was viewed as a beast. That's why his dad got the job up there was to lock him in. Everyone wanted him. We good brother

Pretty sure the NCAA made a rule change just because of Senior taking that job too.

Advertisement
His high school was underrated? They won the state championship in the biggest classification in Florida his senior year. What in the world are you talking about? And 247 had him ranked as a 3 star. On the composite he was a low ranked 4 star.

Devin Bush
Right bc of this underrated player we’re talking about. You just proved my point. It ain’t like he transferred to STA.

There was no way Devin Bush was underrated. He had offers from EVERYONE...I dont know why yall put so much into these recruiting rankings or percentile.

Dude was one of the most coveted south florida players. In no way thats an "underrated player"

Advertisement
There was no way Devin Bush was underrated. He had offers from EVERYONE...I dont know why yall put so much into these recruiting rankings or percentile.

Dude was one of the most coveted south florida players. In no way thats an "underrated player"
Bro what is OBM talking about? Dude won states with Flannigan..

Advertisement

This board talks about 247 rankings, rivals rankings, composite rankings etc etc all day everyday. By those rankings, which are discussed ad nauseum here and pretty much every board on the internet, he was absolutely underrated.

If you wanna say that you thought he was a stud, or coaches did, or your friend’s mom did, that’s fine. I’ll agree with you. But what cannot be debated is he was underrated by the recruiting services who provide the data that the entire country talks about every December and February.

This board talks about 247 rankings, rivals rankings, composite rankings etc etc all day everyday. By those rankings, which are discussed ad nauseum here and pretty much every board on the internet, he was absolutely underrated.

If you wanna say that you thought he was a stud, or coaches did, or your friend’s mom did, that’s fine. I’ll agree with you. But what cannot be debated is he was underrated by the recruiting services who provide the data that the entire country talks about every December and February.

The bolded is all that matters..you really think we give a f&ck what Barton Simmons has to say. He had offers from the Big 3 and EARLY. Thats all that really matters.

Yall better stop letting these SEC fan boys in here that care about rivals/composite/247 rankings...pretty much follow the REAL offers bro.

Advertisement
The bolded is all that matters..you really think we give a f&ck what Barton Simmons has to say. He had offers from the Big 3 and EARLY. Thats all that really matters.

Yall better stop letting these SEC fan boys in here that care about rivals/composite/247 rankings...pretty much follow the REAL offers bro.

Couldn’t agree more. Just saying rankings are all that’s talked about in here. We get 10 page threads if a kid drops 15 spots.

Advertisement
Back