2020 LB Palmetto ridge Colby Singletary 6’2 190

Canesfan17

Banned
Banned

The kid is a 2x state champion in highschool wrestling has a nose for the balll. His family bleeds orange and green talks to Diaz a lot and all they say is there stilll evaluating but he’s 5th on the LB list. I know we have flowe and other LBs ahead of him. What do you guys think?

Advertisement
He’s a thumper of yesteryear. He doesn’t seem to move well in space, which doesn’t bode well at the next level.

But, I’d always find a place on my roster for a hardworking tough football player who is a great to elite wrestler.

Crazy thing is he wrestles for his dad really only cares about football. Has a brother who wrestles at Ohio state

He’s a thumper of yesteryear. He doesn’t seem to move well in space, which doesn’t bode well at the next level.

But, I’d always find a place on my roster for a hardworking tough football player who is a great to elite wrestler.

I see speed on tape. Now i'm not sure what the comp level is there but he has some.

And as mentioned, he ran a 4.55 and a 4.51 at an OSU camp, posted the paper from the event on his twitter....so that shows he at least has straight speed. I'd like to know if he ever did a shuttle or 3-cone, which is critical for LBs.

The wrestling background is big bc it means strong hands and good usage controlling blockers. It also means he's probably kept weight off and could easily gain some if he gave up wrestling and focused on football. I just don't see a 2x Champ giving up the sport he excels at for football.

Advertisement
It sounds crazy but he doesn’t care too much bout wrestling only does it for his dad his dream school is the U. I’m pretty close with his family and my little brother is on the same highschool team. The kid is absolute gamer

I see speed on tape. Now i'm not sure what the comp level is there but he has some.

And as mentioned, he ran a 4.55 and a 4.51 at an OSU camp, posted the paper from the event on his twitter....so that shows he at least has straight speed. I'd like to know if he ever did a shuttle or 3-cone, which is critical for LBs.

The wrestling background is big bc it means strong hands and good usage controlling blockers. It also means he's probably kept weight off and could easily gain some if he gave up wrestling and focused on football. I just don't see a 2x Champ giving up the sport he excels at for football.

Never said he looked slow. My issue is how he moves in space, which is where the game has moved to: isolating players in space to exploit 1 on 1 match ups.

The kid does a good job moving downhill, but he doesn’t seem to move well laterally when forced to make a play in space.

Anyway, as I said, I always like adding great wrestlers. They tend to bring a hard-nosed work ethic and demeanor to the locker room.

Advertisement
Yes most likely going to college for football. When he’s done in highschool he’ll b a 3x state champion.

Coaches need to pull the trigger on this kid he seems like a quality walk on that can help out on special teams.

The kid is a 2x state champion in highschool wrestling has a nose for the balll. His family bleeds orange and green talks to Diaz a lot and all they say is there stilll evaluating but he’s 5th on the LB list. I know we have flowe and other LBs ahead of him. What do you guys think?

Give this kid an offer already. He can play at Miami.

Advertisement

Those are very good times. But of course doesn't tell much about his lateral movement.

Give this kid an offer already. He can play at Miami.
I believe he can to call me biased or not but what more do u want from a kid whose has a great wrestling background, A kid who has a nose for the ball , and wants to b cane more than anything else

Advertisement
I believe he can to call me biased or not but what more do u want from a kid whose has a great wrestling background, A kid who has a nose for the ball , and wants to b cane more than anything else
Its a mistake to let this kid go to OSU*.

Advertisement
Back