8. Eli Acker OT
9. Jonathan Denis OG
10. RJ Adams OG
11. Richard Leonard OG
12. Cayden Baker OT
13. Miller Merriweather-Lewis OG
14. Gerald Mincey OG
15. Emanuel Rogers OT/DT

Van dyke- very good arm and placement, but people still have questions do to the competition he plays. How much does competition play into whether a prospect can be successful on the college level?

I think you'll always have opinions on both sides of the argument. Some may say a guy looks good now because of bad competition but could struggle against better kids, or some may say better competition day in and day out in practice will only make him better because he hasn't been pushed to his ceiling yet.

In my opinion, that discussion varies by position. An Olineman can be average but dominant bad competition. If he has bad feet or lacks bend, he's probably going to get exposed later UNLESS he becomes an elite technician. On the flipside, fast skill guys are going to be fast skill guy regardless of playing bad comp or elite comp.

In regard to QB, there's a ton of variables. Is the competition so bad he gets no pressure and guys are running wide open? Is the competition so difficult a guy has no time to even make a read or check down before scrambling for his life? What type of offense is it....one read and go? Spread? Pro? Option? With VanDyke, the competition may be bad, but i didn't see guys running wide open. He still had to put throws in windows. He also scrambled around a bunch, so it's not like he had all day to see everything. Plus his size and arm talent is obvious for any level. It's a highlight reel though so there's always concern......but there's a lot to like about the guy.

Advertisement
Three max? I think we've been bitten in the butt so many times by losing seasons - we've lowered our expectations to think we could even pick off one or two of these caliber players.

Kids like - no, they love playing for winners. We turn in some good win numbers - as I believe we certainly will - and it's entirely possible that we DO get three or more THIS year.

And we'll be in the running for lots more top caliber players the following year once the nation starts seeing the unique, Miami attacking style that the players enjoy and the fans love to watch.

Who in **** would want to play for a boring assed Alabama - when they could play for an exciting, attacking, flying circus that Miami engages in? I think in time, Clemson will be our main competitor for top recruits as they put on a show against Alabama just a few months ago, and showed that Alabama is - just a grind.

I honestly think we are in better position than in the past, when there was more ammunition for teams to negative recruit against us. IMO winning, being exciting and showing promise of being an elite program will influence recruits.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I’d really like to see us get close to 20 commits (17-19, up from 12 today) within a few weeks after Paradise. Historically, So Florida kids that don’t commit by the start of the season almost always end up somewhere else.

But I do think that a strong season will convince at least a couple local kids and some OOS recruits that Diaz is legit, and cause them to jump on board. So we need to save a handful or more of schollies for a late rum. It’s his honeymoon season. If Diaz has this team firing out of the gate, all bets are off.

Advertisement
Feel good about denis and harrell right now. Decent chances with a handful more but we'll have to win at least 9 games to sway the borderline kids.
We have to win 10 games and look good. I agree on Denis and Harrell the others probably are looking at other schools until Miami shows some life on the field.

Last edited:
We have win 10 games and look good. I agree on Denis and Harrell the others probably are looking at other schools until Miami shows some life on the field.
All these kids operate the same nowadays for the most part. String along the process and soak up all the attention possible then commit at the last moment to the team with the best record, depth chart situation, and bags offered.

Denis and Harrell.

The QBs are a huge ?.

We aren’t getting the Fred Davis’ or the Jalen Carter’s of the world ($EC or Clemson)

On a positive note, seems like most are going to hold off until December so with a good season, 11-1 type, maybe we can start getting some of the guys like Dumervil.
Not if that one loss is to UF. That’s a must win to have a good class in Florida.

Not if that one loss is to UF. That’s a must win to have a good class in Florida.
Gotta beat the Gaytes and the Holes. Need to lock down the state. If we must lose, then lose to Pitt. The game is there and I can't ever hear that we lose to Duke again. Ever!

Advertisement
Back