2020 DE Reggie Grimes Jr receives offer

Memnon

Dejazmach
Premium

https://247sports.com/Player/Reggie-Grimes-46043136/

6'5 230lbs 5-star DE from out of Tennessee, goes to 6A school Mount Juliet (his team went 12-0 but lost in the State title game)

Dual sport athlete that plays both Football & Basketball, versatile athlete with 4.56 speed that played RB, LB & DE, as a Sophomore he rushed for 330yds & 7TD's & had 9sacks.

He's son of former NFL DE Reggie Grimes Sr, who went to Bama & played for the Patriots for a year.

Holds offers from Bama, Clemson, Tennessee, Oh St, LSU, FSU. South Carolina, Oregon & Arkansas.
(Bama are the favorites, but Clemson has a good shot as well)

Advertisement
Advertisement
Go earn your paycheck Simpson.
If we have 10+ wins, with exciting games, a good defense and most importantly get good play from Rousseau and a couple more young guys we have a shot. We can sell the opportunity for development, location and be a part of something special from the ground up.
He's son of former NFL DE Reggie Grimes Sr, who went to Bama & played for the Patriots for a year.
At the same time hard to imagine pulling a 5*, DL and legacy from Bama.

I really like all these OOS offers for different positions. I get Manny and his So Fla plan but these kind of offers show the Florida kids Miami will also look elsewhere.
We typically offer the OOS kids first early in the year during pre-Spring evals.

We don't offer the local South Fla kids until we see them in camps throu the Spring & Summer, they did the same thing in 2017 & last year as well.

giphy (1).gif

Advertisement
Go earn your paycheck Simpson.
If we have 10+ wins, with exciting games, a good defense and most importantly get good play from Rousseau and a couple more young guys we have a shot. We can sell the opportunity for development, location and be a part of something special from the ground up.
At the same time hard to imagine pulling a 5*, DL and legacy from Bama.
He's going to either Bama or Clemson lol

They've been on him since he was a Freshman. But luckily, 2020 is stacked at DE in state, we should be able to easily pull in 2 or 3 this class locally.

Every single DL that is four stars or better needs offers from Miami...I don't care if they are in Alaska. Offer them all, and start working from there.

These hogmollies are legitimate college football currency. You offer them all and sort it out later.

Advertisement

https://247sports.com/Player/Reggie-Grimes-46043136/

6'5 230lbs 5-star DE from out of Tennessee, goes to 6A school Mount Juliet (his team went 12-0 but lost in the State title game)

Dual sport athlete that plays both Football & Basketball, versatile athlete with 4.56 speed that played RB, LB & DE, as a Sophomore he rushed for 330yds & 7TD's & had 9sacks.

Holds offers from Bama, Clemson, Tennessee, Oh St, LSU, FSU. South Carolina, Oregon & Arkansas.
(Bama are the favorites, but Clemson has a good shot as well)

Good luck getting him out of $EC country and away from Bama.

We typically offer the OOS kids first early in the year during pre-Spring evals.

We don't offer the local South Fla kids until we see them in camps throu the Spring & Summer, they did the same thing in 2017 & last year as well.

Ehhh I mean we've had some southfla offers out there for a while locally, but you are right...We'll circle back around on everyone locally including new offers March-June.

Advertisement
I know how important recruiting south florida is. But we really need to make our presence felt nationwide. We gotta start landing some big recruits from other states. I know the coaches and "handlers" out here flip out when we take out of state kids over local talent but who cares. We recruit these south florida studs as hard as we can, They string us along posting "make the crib great" or whatever else, only to eventually choose some SEC school. Truth is south florida isnt ours anymore and hasnt been for a while. Its a free for all. And we need to stop letting these kids use us to get bigger offers, or use us as a safety school. We need to maintain whatever presence we have left here and really start to recruit nationally like all the big programs do.

We cannot and will not compete against the bag. I have slso heard many stories of the mom unfortunately the NCAA turns a blind eye.

Advertisement
Back