2020-21 Transfer Portal (NCAA Basketball)

Advertisement
At this point would you play for L if you were in the portal? We just had multiple guys who came here through the portal go right back into it.
Unless he’s getting fired, which he’s not, then I need to hope he raids the portal.

Advertisement
I’ve always said this staff doesn’t do a good job with bigs, especially since Konkol and Huger left. They don’t involve them in the offense. L has repeatedly said their job is to rebound and defend, and occasionally score off second chance opportunities . Today’s bigs worth a **** also went theirs on the offensive end. The game has changed, yet L talks about big men like this is the early 1990’s. I think is this part of the reason why it’s so difficult for us to recruit any bigs out of high school anymore.
Probably also a reason Brooks is hitting the portal.

Advertisement
Advertisement
If we don't get that guy, its a wrap. He can literally play all the minutes, he's from Jim's preferred location, and Jim recruited him in high school (we were in his top 12, though not his top 5).
Wonder why he's leaving Georgetown after his (and the team's) star turn in winning the Big East Tournament? Strange time to leave a program. Pat Ewing being a Center and all.

Advertisement
Didn't realize that we were that highly in the mix with Battle. As soon as Ben Johnson was hired by the Gophers, though, I figured he was close to a lock to go back home.

Johnson, a fellow DeLaSalle alum, accepted the Gophers job on March 22 after spending his previous three years as an assistant coach at Xavier. He had a Zoom call with Battle last Thursday.

"We mostly talked about how he wants to build the program with local guys," Battle said. "It went really well. Got a great idea of the foundation that Coach is trying to build on."

Wouldn't that be nice?

Looks like the HC Jason Shay at ETSU is getting fired over the team taking a knee earlier in the year. There was a lot of pushback from boosters and state politicians over players taking the knee. I expect a few of their players to bolt, including South Florida native Damari Monsato. Our coaching staff should definitely reach out to him.

Advertisement
Back