2020/2021 Eligibility

AllAboutTheU13

Sophomore
I’ve heard that the 2020 season won’t count towards any players eligibility, so essentially all freshmen will still be freshmen in 2021, all sophomores will still be sophomores, etc.

I also heard some people say this is only the case for seniors. So seniors could come back for one more year, but everyone else will move up a year in eligibility (i.e. Sophomores who played in 2020 will be juniors in 2021).

Anyone know the definitive answer on this? If eligibility will not change for any players, then we’re essentially combining our incoming 2021 class and the freshmen 2020 class together. Good for the team because now there will be double the kids competing for the same 22 positions on the field. But seems like a good chunk of those kids will be getting a raw deal. Some kids who would’ve been starting will be backups, some backups will now be out of the rotation, etc. I would imagine this would cause a mass exodus of transfers across all of college football, from essentially having double the amount of players in one class now. Some kids will get shafted.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back