2019 - What hope do we have?

Meast21

Redshirt Freshman
2018 season is officially a dumpster fire unraveling out of control. Going to painful to see how it plays out, so then thinking about next year, what hope do we have?

Defense - On paper, i think the D is actually worse (Willis, Jaquan, MJ, Redwine gone. May lose JJ, Pinkney, Shaq although they would be complete morons to leave) and frankly there's a decent chance that Diaz gets poached for a low level HC job

Offense - skill positions (WR/RB) remain similar, OLine looks no better unless the kids redshirting make a huge step forward, and one of Cade/Perry will likely transfer. Rosier gone at least

ST - same players as today. Desperately need new coaching and new punter recruit/transfer

Recruiting - not looking good at all. Expect decommitments. Dont see many day 1 impact players coming in

So with this all said - Does the 2019 season largely hinge on Williams being our savior AND/OR Richt making drastic coaching changes (New OC, new OLINE coach)? Any other hope?

Thoughts here?

Advertisement
You should take in consideration the disaster of recruiting class we are setting up after this disaster plus lot of roster movement.

1. Hire an OC not from Richt's coaching bush.
2. Dump undeserving titles of OC for Brown, Dugans, and Richt.
3. Lose the **** turnover chain already. It's a joke at this point.
4. Hire someone that can coach special teams.
5. Recruit a punter.

That's what I WANT to see. However, I expect none of it to happen, and for this team to completely fall off the face of the planet.

Advertisement
All thoughts and energy moving forward should be into firing Richt. All of it.

Advertisement
2018 season is officially a dumpster fire unraveling out of control. Going to painful to see how it plays out, so then thinking about next year, what hope do we have?

Defense - On paper, i think the D is actually worse (Willis, Jaquan, MJ, Redwine gone. May lose JJ, Pinkney, Shaq although they would be complete morons to leave) and frankly there's a decent chance that Diaz gets poached for a low level HC job

Offense - skill positions (WR/RB) remain similar, OLine looks no better unless the kids redshirting make a huge step forward, and one of Cade/Perry will likely transfer. Rosier gone at least

ST - same players as today. Desperately need new coaching and new punter recruit/transfer

Recruiting - not looking good at all. Expect decommitments. Dont see many day 1 impact players coming in

So with this all said - Does the 2019 season largely hinge on Williams being our savior AND/OR Richt making drastic coaching changes (New OC, new OLINE coach)? Any other hope?

Thoughts here?

At this point...let’s say he gives into pressure and hires an OC. It will go one of two ways.

One ( the most likely if he gives in ) he hires someone that has been on his staffs before to run the same exact thing he is running now. So basically re-arranging the deck chairs on the titanic.

Two (way less likely) he hires the best OC available that has a completely different offensive philosophy. Problem with this one is that I see zero chance Richt doesn’t interfere and the situation doesn’t end up a disaster.

So we are basically fvcked regardless.

Of course he could retire in that case you can’t expect the laziest coach search possible with the first person that says yes getting the job.

Advertisement
1. Hire an OC not from Richt's coaching bush.
2. Dump undeserving titles of OC for Brown, Dugans, and Richt.
3. Lose the **** turnover chain already. It's a joke at this point.
4. Hire someone that can coach special teams.
5. Recruit a punter.

That's what I WANT to see. However, I expect none of it to happen, and for this team to completely fall off the face of the planet.
Keep the chain, the rest would be ideal. Prolly as likely to see this happen as it is for butch to be brought back.

Advertisement
If all remains in place, more of the same - predictable offense, lack of preparedness, etc.

The only saving grace is that starting JAGS such as Jahairball, Baloney, Rosure will all be gone, thankfully, so Richt will no longer have them to stubbornly rely on. Aslo, hopefully dead weight like Irving, Cager, et al will all leave.

On the flip side, defense will be worse. DT position will be a huge liability and if the middle of the defense is porous, we are - again - going to struggle against power running teams like Pitt, etc.

Hopefully we get out early and target a good HC for 2020. OC or no OC, 2019 should be the last year with this group.

I hope Blake is watching Iowa State and Syracuse games very closely

Advertisement
Back