2019 Spring Preview: CB

View as article
Only thing I’m “concerned” about at any of the db positions is lack of overall experience outside of bandy and Amari Carter. I’m really high on the talent at both corner and safety though. Feel we are in a good spot at both positions honestly

Bama seems to never have this problem as they seem to switch out guys and coach up new ones every year and turn them into studs with no game experience. Rumph and Banda have talent to work with..a room full of 4* players! ..coach’em up!

Advertisement
Agreed I believe in Rumph and Banda to coach up the inexperienced players we will be playing come Fall. They’ve shown already that they can do it, so I have faith they’ll do it again with Blades, Ivey, Bethel, Couch, Smith, and Carter. I’m not worried on the defensive side of the ball, my worries are all on the offensive side.

Not worried at all at cb, it’s talent there. Can’t keep bringing in guys to solve issues(grad transfers). You got to develop depth or we will be in the same place next year. I’m all for transfers but got to be a fine balance

Bandy
Ivey
Blades
Christian Williams
Tecory couch
Bethel

Is a really talented group. Plus did our 4th corner even see the field much last year? Not really

It's a good group if we stay relatively healthy. We really should have more depth at CB given how much teams pass these days (in addition to the motherlode of talented CBs right in our backyard).

Bama seems to never have this problem as they seem to switch out guys and coach up new ones every year and turn them into studs with no game experience. Rumph and Banda have talent to work with..a room full of 4* players! ..coach’em up!

"Coach up"??? They are virtually all 5 stars. The star system doesn't mean everything, but Alabama's not exactly taking scrubs and turning them into studs.

Secondary won’t be a problem as long as Bandy stays healthy. We are so multiple it offsets CB numbers.. our “ 3rd corner” can be a safety, striker or LB... I think secondary will be a big surprise in a positive way.. Give me Bandy, Blades, Ivey and Williams and LETS RIDE

Advertisement
Bandy
Smith
Carter
Bolden
Hall
Blades
Ivey

All have at least some experience playing defense. It's always hard to replace 3 starters. We were tops in the nation in yards allowed through the air.

Not worried about the DBs. We have ballers that will finally get their time now with the SRs gone. Exact use to watch these young boys develop. Oh yea and Rumph can flat out coach

Advertisement
The CB position will be a tough one, the lack of bodies definitely will be something to watch.. Talent is definitely on roster and I know the summer will be fun to watch but the lack of experience is concerning..
The two signees can't be slept on, both bring speed to the table.. Blades and Ivey will be a year older and both have played, SO I believe they will be better than most might think..

Not worried at all at cb, it’s talent there. Can’t keep bringing in guys to solve issues(grad transfers). You got to develop depth or we will be in the same place next year. I’m all for transfers but got to be a fine balance

Bandy
Ivey
Blades
Christian Williams
Tecory couch
Bethel

Is a really talented group. Plus did our 4th corner even see the field much last year? Not really
im not concerned about talent. im concerned about development. how fast it will occur.

Advertisement
Back