2019 SDE/DT Derreon Hunt Jr as a Under the Radar Miami Recruit

Paranos

All-ACC
2019 SDE/DT Derreon Hunt Jr is a 6'5" 250lbs under the radar prospect from Polk County, FL to keep on eye this fall. Hunt has has decent lateral agility for a DE and exceptional strength for a D-End but if you slide him over to play a 3Tech position now he is mobility and ability to bend would be consider very good coupled with his strength either push the pocket or disengage from olinemen. Once in a college S&C he will put on 30lbs to 40lbs of good weight easily (especially with Gus Felder), but you can't teach his size, length and motor but make no mistake he is a project for which school he lands at, but he projects to have a very high ceiling. This is the type of Florida kid that either goes to a group of 5 school or Iowa/Boston College/etc then becomes a 1st round draft pick and people wonder what happen.

His JR year HUDL highlights are private so I couldn't link them but I did find this piece by Big County Prep on him and much as it pains me to agree with a golden domer I have to admit his analysis of Hunter Jr was spot on. I actually like Derreon hunt Jr's film more than 2019 DT 3* Ben Smiley from Virginia at the risk of perpetuating the FLA 2* is better than the out of state 3* player theory. So as plan B back up plans go if Hunt can put together a solid senior performance I say Miami should offer him rather than Smiley.

Go Canes

Last edited:
Advertisement
Every time I read a Paranos DT thread I feel like he’s trying to sell me a car...

Last edited:
Every time I read at Paranos DT thread I feel like he’s trying to sell me a car...

Well apparently Coach Dugans and Coach Rumph are kicking the tires on this young man's recruitment. Good analogy because I am a car guy, I love a good restomod or dually truck.

Go Canes

Advertisement
Advertisement
I said in a previous post feel free to check, if there is doubt in what I am saying. So check.

Go Canes

He asked you a fairly straight forward question in which you didn't answer. Where are you getting info that this kid's being hit up by Dugans and Rumph? The only person that's following him is Rumph and that's it.

I said in a previous post feel free to check, if there is doubt in what I am saying. So check.

Go Canes

Where would one do this magical "checking" paradise AKA fake Ed Oregeron?

I mean...It's a pretty simple question.

Advertisement
Nice I'm just glad richt and crew are getting/targeting pieces from Polk Orange Hillsborough Pinellas and Columbia counties

I really like his ability to both set the edge and also play in space. Put 30-40lbs on this young over 2 years in college S&C and he will be a very good 3-tech.

Senior year 3rd game.

Senior year 2nd game

I was at the Haines City game and they spanked us. LW kids were flying around and hitting. Hunt was being disruptive and making plays but the LT he was going against has been underperforming this year especially for his size. The LW QB was the most impressive player on the field, big kid with a live arm.

Advertisement
I really like his ability to both set the edge and also play in space. Put 30-40lbs on this young over 2 years in college S&C and he will be a very good 3-tech.

Senior year 3rd game.

Senior year 2nd game

You still out here trying to sell me this used trailblazer?

You still out here trying to sell me this used trailblazer?

Hey now get it correct sir, it's a trailblazer SS with the LS2 Corvette engine. You are gonna need the 400hp to help move the big girl with the badonkadonk riding shotgun.

Go Canes

This young man is one of Polk County's best kept secret.

@Paranos What makes you think he'd be so good as a 3Tech? He's a big **** and I see the bend and ability to follow through, but I didn't really see the speed or burst. You think he's that strong and savvy?

Advertisement
Back