2019 QB JT Daniels receives offer

Memnon

Dejazmach
Premium
[TWEET]830574271420207104[/TWEET]

[HUDL]video/3/2505201/57e6bebd3bd8140b84c47c44[/HUDL]

JT Daniels, Mater Dei, Pro-Style Quarterback

6'1 195lbs Pro-style QB playing for West Coast Powerhouse & #2 ranked team in the Nation (same school that produced Matt Barkley & many others).

Apparently, this kid threw for 4,849yds 67TD's & just 6INT's as a Sophomore...
Has 7,891yds 100TD's & 10INT's total in just two years as a Starter.

Lead Mater Dei to their State title game but lost to St. John Bosco.

Advertisement
Those are some Jake Browning (current UW QB) type stats when he was at Folsom high in Cali. Thats guys stats are the most impressive I've ever seen.
Brownings sophomore year he threw for 5200 yds, 63 tds, and 16ints.....His senior yr he threw 5800yds 91tds and only 6 ints and ran for another 5. Has to be one of the most impressive statistical seasons ever recorded.

Advertisement
One of his WR's is 2018 4-star Amon-Ra St. Brown, one of the top WR's in the nation who we offered back in November.

Tough to get behind a 6'1" QB that plays on a stacked team. IS it the OL that makes him great? WR? Is HE the difference maker? Sometimes when a guy is surrounded by so much talent it's tough to see his weaknesses

Tough to get behind a 6'1" QB that plays on a stacked team. IS it the OL that makes him great? WR? Is HE the difference maker? Sometimes when a guy is surrounded by so much talent it's tough to see his weaknesses

Sometimes when a guy throws 67 TDs in a season it's hard to see his weaknesses.

Advertisement
He had 423 pass attempts as a Sophomore...

Basically, at Mater Dei they just do what Wash St does, throw the ball 80-90% of their snaps on Offense.

But, it does need to be noted that he plays for one of the best teams in the nation, they're absolutely stacked with D1 talent.

Although, I think all of the Big 3 in Dade (CC, MNW & Central), STA, AH & possibly Southridge would all beat Mater Dei.

Basically, at Mater Dei they just do what Wash St does, throw the ball 80-90% of their snaps on Offense.

But, it does need to be noted that he plays for one of the best teams in the nation, they're absolutely stacked with D1 talent.

Although, I think all of the Big 3 in Dade (CC, MNW & Central), STA, AH & possibly Southridge would all beat Mater Dei.

Sounds like some South Florida bias to me.

They play in the best league in California or at least one of the top 2. Every year they play Jon Bosco, Servite, and Orange Luteran, which (including Mater Dei) are all in the top 15 most winning California High Schools in the past decade.

Last yr Mater Dei beat Jon Bosco in the regular season (who also lost to Bishop Gorman by like 10), but lost to them in the Southern california playoffs. Then Bosco beat De La Salle in the state championship game.

So they are playing very good teams and I'm sure they could beat some of these South Florida teams.

They play in the best league in California or at least one of the top 2. Every year they play Jon Bosco, Servite, and Orange Luteran, which (including Mater Dei) are all in the top 15 most winning California High Schools in the past decade.

Last yr Mater Dei beat Jon Bosco in the regular season (who also lost to Bishop Gorman by like 10), but lost to them in the Southern california playoffs. Then Bosco beat De La Salle in the state championship game.

So they are playing very good teams and I'm sure they could beat some of these South Florida teams.
I didn't say they couldn't beat any South Fla teams, I just think the best in Sourh Fla would beat them...

I admit I'm biased when it comes to Dade, but STA basically beat Gorman last year with the exception of a bad call at the goaline & they had garbage *** Jake Allen as their QB lol

I'm not as big of a homer as people might think, I actually follow & keep up with High School Football nationally, Dei is **** good squad **** I even said they're a loaded team & one of the best in the nation.

Bosco & De La Salle are the best teams in Cali though.

Last edited:

I didn't say they couldn't beat any South Fla teams, I just think the best in Sourh Fla would beat them...

I admit I'm biased when it comes to Dade, but STA basically beat Gorman last year with the exception of a bad call at the goaline & they had garbage *** Jake Allen as their QB lol

I'm not as big of a homer as people might think, I actually follow & keep up with High School Football nationally, Dei is **** good squad **** I even said they're a loaded team & one of the best in the nation.

Bosco & De La Salle are the best teams in Cali though.

I gotcha bruh. just thought I'd let everyone know Mater Dei isn't a random new jersey school where the talent level and competition is suspect.

I wish I could have played against DLS just to see how good they actually are every year. we woulda got killed but it woulda been fun. Im not even sure if they've lost to a northern california team in the last 40 years. ***** crazy.

Advertisement
None of this West Coast vs SoFl hyperbole matters. You don't achieve numbers like this unless you are an exceptional QB. You can defend the merits of SoFl football all you want, but the staff going after the best football players when they do step oos. We should be applauding the staff for their diligence to find and offer the best talent.

Advertisement
Back