2019 OT Marcus Finger - UCF commit

Advertisement
Advertisement
Finger moves well for his size , but is a waist bender and leans a lot which can be a huge liability both traits are hard to correct in the short term. The good thing is the young man is intelligent, an that often translates into to being coachable as a lineman.

Last edited:
Terrible technique. Good frame/strength. Definitely playing out of position.

Advertisement
He ain't a OT, other then his size that's the only pro I see here.
Stand upright in pass pro.
Isn't even the OT on his HS team
His highlight focus on guys more the half his size and they fall because they're off balance not because of a punch or driven.
He is slow on pulls.
On his pulls doesn't come with heat (see Corey Gaynors HL film)

Let UCF have him.

Advertisement
Definately a guard prospect. A big kid appears...another project type that you sit on for 2 years and let his strength develop. He's local..not sure he would be a bad pick up..if our coach contacted him so early must be something to like. He looks to be a nice RG prospect. He has the tools you would want to work with.

Comparison: Brandon Linder-Lite.

Doesnt have the technique Linder has. Looks to be coming in around the same size though. If he can pick up and be taught by our new ol coach he looks to be a 2 year starter here at least if he commits

Me personally i would be scouring juco/ grad transfer interior guys right now for depth moves. With El Gammal and Nelso we have our 2 project tackles. Kennedy allows a redshirt for them.. Need another quality interior guy with Mahoney and Boulware leaving who both logged alot of snaps. I think Scaife stays outside.

Would love to flip Darius Washington as well if thats a possibility

Last edited:
We have our 2 tackles. Barry is obviously looking for an interior guy.

Advertisement
Hopefully Kai-Leon Herbert starts to ball out under new guidance.

Kennedy, Herbert, Gaynor, Donaldson, Scaife is not bad if they play to potential

The phrase "She got Fingered" must have had so many different possible meanings.

Also, "Finger fingered her". He was just being authentic.

Didn't like his game film much - plays incredibly high, which will get your killed inside at guard with DTs walking you back into the QB. Doesn't seem to have the feet to play OT.....looks a little rigid when he pulls.

Then i watch his camp highlights that look much better. He stayed a bit lower with bend and handled some guys well. Now those kids could have been lower tier/non-scholarship kids for all i know, but it showed more promise than the game tape to me.

Didn't like his game film much - plays incredibly high, which will get your killed inside at guard with DTs walking you back into the QB. Doesn't seem to have the feet to play OT.....looks a little rigid when he pulls.

Then i watch his camp highlights that look much better. He stayed a bit lower with bend and handled some guys well. Now those kids could have been lower tier/non-scholarship kids for all i know, but it showed more promise than the game tape to me.

Saw his camp film and was actually impressed. Just like you after seeing that i liked the upside. I dont see tackle with him..but like i said if he gets the strength up a bit and can play a little lower...we might have something with him as a solid RG. He looks to be a legit 6'4-6'5 300 now.

Advertisement
Back