2019 OLB/DE Brooks camping at Miami

View as article
View attachment 46209

2019 Miami Northwestern pass rusher Sam Brooks is at Miami camp today. Had 16.5 sacks last season and is explosive off the edge.

Excited to see him work with Coach Kool.

What you thinkn Pete? Kids going to be elite no doubt, but LB or DE at the next level? I'd love to have Bogle and Brooks on the edge but I wouldn't mind him in the LB class either.

Watching his film for the first time was going to ask if hes a linebacker because that would be his best position

Also hes a brooks he should just get an offer just because

Last edited:
Advertisement
View attachment 46209

2019 Miami Northwestern pass rusher Sam Brooks is at Miami camp today. Had 16.5 sacks last season and is explosive off the edge.

Excited to see him work with Coach Kool.

What you thinkn Pete? Kids going to be elite no doubt, but LB or DE at the next level? I'd love to have Bogle and Brooks on the edge but I wouldn't mind him in the LB class either.

Watching his film for the first time was going to ask if hes a linebacker because that would be his best position

Also hes a brooks he should just get an offer just because

Saw this guy scoop a fumble and take it 50 yards to the house against Columbus last year. I knew he was an elite prospect after that play because he outran everybody so easily on a field full of top notch prospects.

Now this kid is a ******' NIGHTMARE. LB, DE, don't matter, he makes offenses pay in any way you want him to. Best player on the West as a sophomore IMO...

Advertisement
Now this kid is a ******' NIGHTMARE. LB, DE, don't matter, he makes offenses pay in any way you want him to. Best player on the West as a sophomore IMO...

Thanks bro because I know you have seen the kid play and if he was the best player on the West as a sophomore I know he's a bad dude. For anyone to say he has no chance to play DE without the kid finishing his senior season and practicing against his fellow teammates is just nonsense.

Thanks bro because I know you have seen the kid play and if he was the best player on the West as a sophomore I know he's a bad dude. For anyone to say he has no chance to play DE without the kid finishing his senior season and practicing against his fellow teammates is just nonsense.

Agreed. I don't think the will ever be a 260+ guy but the kid can definitely grow another 2, 2.5 inches and be a 6'4" LB/DE prospect with a plus wingspan & plus athleticism. Remember two weeks ago this guy was still a 10th grader. Looking at him, I'd say he's gonna be most effective at between 230-245 maybe, just maybe 250 lbs, depending on where you wanna put him. Brooks sets a very strong edge in the run game despite being 195-200 lbs. Kid was very eager and pretty successful at doing so against Herbert and more importantly TJ. But that's the beauty of this kid's game, in my eyes, he has an equally sky-high potential on the edge standing up or hand in the dirt...

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back