2019 OL Kardell Thomas

DB4

Freshman
A Rivals writers is saying that SU Lab OL Kardell Thomas plans on taking visits after initially saying he'd only visit LSU. I can't read the whole story but it seems like UM will be one of the visits.

Advertisement
Free trip... however with that being said maybe after we kick LSU's a$$ and Ed O gets fired having him on campus might not be a bad thing after all.

He said that Ed O is good with it and encouraged him to take his visits. He has an OV set up for USC (Cali) in June. Wants to see a few other schools too.

Alabama, Miami, Oklahoma and Texas are some other schools Thomas listed when asked about schools that could potentially receive official visits No. 4 and No. 5.

LSU will get an official, too.

Advertisement
Big Man wants some strange. Even if he doesn’t go LSU, highly unlikely he ends up here. Gotta be some really good strange.

Only way I would let him visit is the weekend before signing day. Maybe, although a super small chance, we impress him enough to sign before the LSU locals get in his ear and the visit high wears off.

We have a guy just a big, higher rated, and probably much stronger coming in now. Cleveland Reed at the state high school weightlifting championships weighed in at 350.2 pounds. He benched a strict with a pause 420. He can squat well over 500. Higher rating also.
Time for the OL coaches to get it together with the talent that has been infused from last year and this year.

Last edited:
Advertisement
We have a guy just a big, higher rated, and probably much stronger coming in now. Cleveland Reed at the state high school weightlifting championships weighed in at 350.2 pounds. He benched a strict with a pause 420. He can squat well over 500. Higher rating also.
Time for the OL coaches to get it together with the talent that has been infused from last year and this year.

Agree
2017--Donaldson, Herbert, Hillery, Gaynor, Dysktra
2018--Scafie, Campbell, Reed first two were EEs this year

Many of these guys had big time offers from top schools, must be something in their coaching, development.

Thomas was higher rated than reed,

Agree
2017--Donaldson, Herbert, Hillery, Gaynor, Dysktra
2018--Scafie, Campbell, Reed first two were EEs this year

Many of these guys had big time offers from top schools, must be something in their coaching, development.
I don’t think the play of our O-Line has justified us not recruiting talented players because of “who we have coming in”

I don’t think the play of our O-Line has justified us not recruiting talented players because of “who we have coming in”
I think he meant that we cannot adequately develop what we have been signing which are good players and until that happens we can get more 4 or better stars guys and the will continue to be a problem.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Need to try and get him to the Paradise Camp - let him get a good measure of UM. THEN, take an official.

Advertisement
Back