2019 Miami commit Jeshia Pierre talks Miami commitment

ErickMarreroU

Staff Writer
Premium
Davenport, FL — Last June at one of Mark Richt's first camps at Miami, the coaches offered 2019 LB Jesiah Pierre and he committed on the spot.

“Honestly it was my first offer and it was a blessing,” Pierre said. “So I committed to Miami because it’s a great school and a place that’s home.”

“The football history at Miami is one of the best if not the best in nation, and I really see myself getting to Miami and competing for a starting spot.”

Pierre's primary recruiter has been Coach Banda, but he's also building a relationship with his future defensive coordinator.

“I love Coach Diaz's intensity,” Pierre said. “His effort and motivation that he puts towards his linebackers. He connects so well with his players.”

Pierre hasn’t visited Miami since the beginning of the football season, and although his schedule is very busy, he’s looking to visit Miami soon.

“Whenever I have a chance honestly,” Pierre said. “Sometime this spring or summer I'll get back down there.”

Pierre only has an offer from Miami, but are there schools actively recruiting him? And how solid is his commitment to Miami?

“Not really, schools aren’t really coming after me hard,” Pierre said. “Miami’s my only offer.”

‘I’m 100% committed to Miami.”

Last edited:
Advertisement
Miami his only offer??

I expect that to change. Plays at an extremely small school. Team had 12 players two years ago

I agree Pete. For me he passed the eye test last summer. Big, physically imposing. Then on film pursuit angles, strength and patience stand out tremendously. Seems to have above average speed for the LB position. I could see him growing into a DL but could just stay as a large LB. He's the definition of diamond in the rough IMO.

Because of Academy enrollment is he a possible EE candidate Pete? Would be a major contributor year one if so IMO.

Advertisement
Is he doing camps? If yes and he performs well versus LBs from larger HSs, then he'll blow up.

Advertisement
Advertisement
The entire student body of that high school is only like 200-250 kids deep! Were about 40 min north of orlando,.. And yes,.. He has tools our staff can work with!!

His older brother Jasper was supposed to be being recruited here as a preferred walk-on, Idk what happened with that though.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back