2019 LB Jahmar Brown receives offer

Memnon

Dejazmach
Premium
[TWEET]890328536292225024[/TWEET]

[HUDL]video/3/5645825/581e787e7bddf85604ad107c[/HUDL]

Jahmar Brown, St. Thomas Aquinas, Outside Linebacker

6'1 190lbs OLB from STA, was at Monsignor Pace before transferring.

Is one among the many great LB's in the loaded 2019 class. Was recently at Paradise & performed well.

Holds offers from Michigan, Mich St, Oh St, Oklahoma & Va Tech.

Advertisement
How many we taking next year? 4?
Considering we're only taking 1 this year, that seems about right.

Shaq, Zach & Mike P could all end up going to the draft after the 2018 season, so I would imagine 3-4 for 2019 is the number.

Jesiah Pierre, Diamante Howard, Samuel Brooks & one more.

Advertisement
LCE, how does Jahmar Brown compare to Anthony Solomon of STA?
Solomon is a physically bigger than Brown right now & is a very good OLB.

Brown plays more inside at Mike, but I don't see him as a Mike LB at the next level, but has the versatility to move outside. Solomon is a Sam Backer imo & Jahmar is more of a WLB.

Jahmar is a quick striker who diagnoses sideline to sideline & gets to the ball, while Sol is better at dropping back in coverage.

Comparing them as prospects, I would say Solomon has a college ready body, but Jahmar has more upside & can develop into beast at the next level.

Brown plays more inside at Mike, but I don't see him as a Mike LB at the next level, but has the versatility to move outside. Solomon is a Sam Backer imo & Jahmar is more of a WLB.

Jahmar is a quick striker who diagnoses sideline to sideline & gets to the ball, while Sol is better at dropping back in coverage.

Comparing them as prospects, I would say Solomon has a college ready body, but Jahmar has more upside & can develop into beast at the next level.

I appreciate it. I haven't seen Jahmar play, but I've seen Anthony and I think he is going to be a stud.

Of all the 2019 LB's, my favorites are Samuel Brooks, Jesiah Pierre, Dorian Jones from Oxbridge & Shammond Cooper from STL. (We're not going OOS for any LB's, but Cooper is a straight savage)

Sam Brooks is one of the best Rush ends regardless of class, kids got great speed & is a natural coming off the edge.

He was killing Herb when MNW played AH last year, he's a phenomenal athlete & a team leader for the Bulls.
Very impressive young man.

Dorian Jones is a thumper, he lays the wood & packs a punch, very big hitter. I don't think there's any interest from us though.

Jesiah is physically built like a grown man, at Paradise he looked bigger than Jon Beason & earlier this Spring at Ray Lewis's camp he won MVP. Gifted athlete & is a freak of nature.

Advertisement
Of all the 2019 LB's, my favorites are Samuel Brooks, Jesiah Pierre, Dorian Jones from Oxbridge & Shammond Cooper from STL. (We're not going OOS for any LB's, but Cooper is a straight savage)

Sam Brooks is one of the best Rush ends regardless of class, kids got great speed & is a natural coming off the edge.

He was killing Herb when MNW played AH last year, he's a phenomenal athlete & a team leader for the Bulls.

Dorian Jones is a thumper, he lays the wood & packs a punch, very big hitter. I don't think there's any interest from us though.

Jesiah is physically built like a grown man, at Paradise he looked bigger than Jon Beason & earlier this Spring at Ray Lewis's camp he won MVP. Gifted athlete & is a freak of nature.

That's a misprint right? Cause ****.

That's a misprint right? Cause ****.
[TWEET]889292064353124352[/TWEET]

That is interesting. Butch had that eye for what a kid "would be" and was not limited to kids already at their best. I've always thought the reason some 5* type flop in college was that they were better in HS but that was the best they could ever be so they got passed by other who had room to improve -- like breaking greyhounds getting caught at the finish line by the closers.

Advertisement

That is interesting. Butch had that eye for what a kid "would be" and was not limited to kids already at their best. I've always thought the reason some 5* type flop in college was that they were better in HS but that was the best they could ever be so they got passed by other who had room to improve -- like breaking greyhounds getting caught at the finish line by the closers.
This is exactly it. This is the "art" in recruiting and a lot of coaches/scouts/media are quite terrible at it. UTexas began to really falter when they were taking mostly finished products. I've written about it a lot on here before. Inflexibility is the mother of all disasters in modern college football (or modern anything).

To put it into 2017 recruiting class terms, it's why I continue to harp on being open to what Yasir Abdullah does this year. I'm not as excited about the player he is today as I am about the player I project he can be.

Butch David is the best there's ever been at that.

Advertisement
But isnt 2019 loaded for LB's? Do you thing YA is better/has more potential than the guys LCE mentioned?

But isnt 2019 loaded for LB's? Do you thing YA is better/has more potential than the guys LCE mentioned?
Let's watch another season to provide a better answer. I think Yasir is very far from a finished product and would like to see the progress made. I don't yet have an opinion on the guys who were 10th (?) graders last year.

Last edited:

This is exactly it. This is the "art" in recruiting and a lot of coaches/scouts/media are quite terrible at it. UTexas began to really falter when they were taking mostly finished products. I've written about it a lot on here before. Inflexibility is the mother of all disasters in modern college football (or modern anything).

To put it into 2017 recruiting class terms, it's why I continue to harp on being open to what Yasir Abdullah does this year. I'm not as excited about the player he is today as I am about the player I project he can be.

Yep, that was the most glaring example I've ever seen. They's pride themselves on having a full class before kids' senior years. They got a ton of maxed out studs in high school.

Advertisement
Back