2019 Freshmen that will make an impact in upcoming Football Season

TheU 4ever

Sophomore
I would like to hear everyone's' view on the incoming U freshmen that you believe can/will have an impact in 2019/20 Football Season.

Advertisement
I would like to hear everyone's' view on the incoming U freshmen that you believe can/will have an impact in 2019/20 Football Season.
Harvey and K. Smith would be my guesses. Transfers aside, it’s not a class full of immediate impact kids. LB has seniors across the board, also. Lines generally take time for kids to impact. Maybe Payton gets run. Couch sounds like he needs some S&C before he impacts things. Maybe Williams, if we sway him, has early impact given CB needs.

Jahfari Harvey
Jeremiah Payton
Jason Blissett
Jalar Holley

And hopefully... Mark Antony-Richards

Advertisement
Hopefully its Blissett, he is a rare type of athlete. If he gets PT and shows he is able to penetrate on a consistent basis our defense will be dominate again.

Our only hope is that Ahmmon & his Dad pushes him to Miami, otherwise he's probably gone.

But I'm still holding out hope.

Seems it's been Ahmmon's public stance forever that he's not going to push little bro anywhere. Seems like they were excited by the Hickson hire but I doubt that's gonna be enough.

Definitely want him, but OK to see him not be a Cane as long as he doesn't go to Florida.

Why do many other schools keep their legacy athletes and we many times, though not always, lose kids to other schools? What are they doing right and we are doing wrong? What/How do we need to change how we operate and thus change the current state of affairs? Thoughts?

The most obvious one has got to be Jeffari Harvey. We didn’t get too many with college ready bodies but there’s one for sure at a position where we lack depth. Then I would look at Jeremiah Peyton. I know we are deep at reciever but other than Jeff Thomas no one is established enough for me today that they are just straight up better than him. A little bit of a wild card to throw out there is Larry Hodges. He is short but not small and has great athleticism. He’s basically college ready body wise and will have a chance to come in in certain packages. I honestly don’t see a need for him to redshirt since with a 6’1 frame and at 240 pounds he’s not gonna get much bigger.

Advertisement
Seems it's been Ahmmon's public stance forever that he's not going to push little bro anywhere. Seems like they were excited by the Hickson hire but I doubt that's gonna be enough.

Definitely want him, but OK to see him not be a Cane as long as he doesn't go to Florida.

If his family believes in this coaching staff, MAR will pick Miami. End of story.

Last edited by a moderator:

I hope we have no impact Freshmen and that we have a record number of redshirts. I cannot think of one position where we need a freshmen to step up except MAYBE DE if we don’t get Hill or similar Transfer.

Other we good and hopefully have some play ST and rotate in but MUcho Redshirtos.

I hope we have no impact Freshmen and that we have a record number of redshirts. I cannot think of one position where we need a freshmen to step up except MAYBE DE if we don’t get Hill or similar Transfer.

Other we good and hopefully have some play ST and rotate in but MUcho Redshirtos.
I hope that's the case, but I believe that at least 1-2 will get into the rotation by the end of the season.

Hopefully its Blissett, he is a rare type of athlete. If he gets PT and shows he is able to penetrate on a consistent basis our defense will be dominate again.
It’s really hard for a frosh to be immediate impct at DT, amd harder still when it’s not a squat, powerful kid - Blissett is big and athletic but will need some S&C time, IMO, to be a true interior guy. He’s also from New York, and hence not ready for the competition in all likelihood. I like his potential but will be surprised if he’s a major year 1 contributor.

Advertisement
It’s really hard for a frosh to be immediate impct at DT, amd harder still when it’s not a squat, powerful kid - Blissett is big and athletic but will need some S&C time, IMO, to be a true interior guy. He’s also from New York, and hence not ready for the competition in all likelihood. I like his potential but will be surprised if he’s a major year 1 contributor.

Few DT are to begin with.

I’m liking Harvey and/or Payton as frosh impact players. Maybe Blisset but I think we RS him. Either or, I strongly believe that Manny will take immense advantage of the 4 game ruling that allows frosh to play. Hopefully the sophomores and juniors rise up and show their abilities this season so we don’t have to rely on the frosh to be key contributors.

Some of you flordians are so delusional about your kids coming in and making an immediate impact on the colligeate level. I look at some of the linemen that their going against in their highlight film and they are attrocious. Bogle is a great looking athlete but he's blowing by linemen who are trash. Harvey and cam Williams as well. You flordians need to chill out because your linemen down their are way overrated. Any offensive coordinator with common sense will line up a tight end to the side of any one of the aforementioned defensive ends and MASH them. Your skill players are superior to more than most around the country but that's as far as it goes.

Advertisement
Some of you flordians are so delusional about your kids coming in and making an immediate impact on the colligeate level. I look at some of the linemen that their going against in their highlight film and they are attrocious. Bogle is a great looking athlete but he's blowing by linemen who are trash. Harvey and cam Williams as well. You flordians need to chill out because your linemen down their are way overrated. Any offensive coordinator with common sense will line up a tight end to the side of any one of the aforementioned defensive ends and MASH them. Your skill players are superior to more than most around the country but that's as far as it goes.
:yaoface:

Advertisement
Back