2019 DE Jahfari Harvey receives offer (Commits)

Do you think we've recruited the LBs we need to this cycle? Haven't really been following recruiting this year.
Absolutely.

We landed 3 of the best LB's in state from 2 of the top 3 schools in South Fla that produces the most NFL players (MNW & STA). Brooks & Huff are incredibly violent tacklers with very good sideline to sideline speed, and Solomon is good in coverage.

We've done real well in LB & DL recruiting this class, we just have to find a way to land some Elite DB's.

Advertisement
Absolutely.

We landed 3 of the best LB's in state from 2 of the top 3 schools in South Fla that produces the most NFL players (MNW & STA). Brooks & Huff are incredibly violent tacklers with very good sideline to sideline speed, and Solomon is good in coverage.

We've done real well in LB & DL recruiting this class, we just have to find a way to land some Elite DB's.
we have t oget some elite dbs asap and also DT help cause when willis is gone all we have is Nesta that is for sure nasty. I do like the NY kid but still want violent players there i want stars at DT

we have t oget some elite dbs asap and also DT help cause when willis is gone all we have is Nesta that is for sure nasty. I do like the NY kid but still want violent players there i want stars at DT
I been trying to catch up on recruiting, what i find with the DL recruiting, if we find special DTs like Nesta who are big and quick we will get them of course. But we are also recruiting alot of DEs who are 255-280 in high school now. And hopefully we get to a level that they can be redshirted if we have proper depth and then they transition to DT and hopefully maintain their quickness. I mean that's what we used to do alot of. Of course we also need those guys who are ready to battle inside because they have the size and strength from day 1 as well. We are recruiting at an elite level at DE right now, it just seems there is a smaller pool of top notch ready DTs the next few cycles.

Absolutely.

DL is incomplete at this point, imo. Like harvey and ca williams at end, but we need (and should land) at least one of bogle, weaver and summerall also. Inside is sketchier at this point, I think. Munoz is a question mark. I’ll take Holley (former Simpson kid), but I do not see the type of explosive DTs we need to get back to the top. Like Ingraham and hopefully he will join also. No idea what to make of Blissett.

And on OL, we need to step it up. Two commits so far and one of them is visiting Auburn.

DBs, I’m with you. The kids we have commitments from look solid, meaning it’s a deep class ... but we are missing out on most or all of the top tier kids at this point. Maybe if FSU faceplants badly enough, Dent could come back on board....

DL is incomplete at this point, imo. Like harvey and ca williams at end, but we need (and should land) at least one of bogle, weaver and summerall also. Inside is sketchier at this point, I think. Munoz is a question mark. I’ll take Holley (former Simpson kid), but I do not see the type of explosive DTs we need to get back to the top. Like Ingraham and hopefully he will join also. No idea what to make of Blissett.

And on OL, we need to step it up. Two commits so far and one of them is visiting Auburn.

DBs, I’m with you. The kids we have commitments from look solid, meaning it’s a deep class ... but we are missing out on most or all of the top tier kids at this point. Maybe if FSU faceplants badly enough, Dent could come back on board....
Dents all bama

Its a shame we wont land battle dent or tyrique

Advertisement
Advertisement
I was at the game friday. He was constantly around the ball. Had great range of motion. Physically looked the part as well, could potentially become a monster after a year of college.

I was at the game friday. He was constantly around the ball. Had great range of motion. Physically looked the part as well, could potentially become a monster after a year of college.

Harvey's my most intriguing prospect on the defensive side of the ball; Crowley on offense.

Advertisement
Harvey really impressed me at Paradise.Kid with an extra 20 pounds will be beastly. He is quick twitch athlete. He probably is 220-225 now. Him at 6'3 245 will be a problem with added strength.

Advertisement
Back