2019 DE Gaining Attention Quickly

HurricaneUWW

Savvy Vet
Michael Lockhart, kid from Alabama, has good size 6’5” 250 and has only played one year but looks really good already and is definitely a solid athlete. With Bogle likely off to Bama amd Cam Williams a question mark, we should give this guy a hard look. Especially since we missed on the bigger DEs we targeted.

Could be another Mike Jackson situation where we steal an underrated kid from Bama.

Here’s the article

:https://247sports.com/Article/Senior-DL-Lockhart-gaining-late-recruiting-traction-126828941/

And his hudl:

Advertisement
All ready turned us down. Want to go to a team that has a better chance and wants to win a natty. Going to UAB.

Lockhart unfortunately gives me a Tyreic Martin vibe, although he Lockhart has a bigger frame an appears more athletic.

I like that he is athletic for his size, but playing on the LOS interior is not for everybody, you have to have a violent nature and enjoy fighting mano e mano.

He was recently offered by Iowa, TCU, and Nebraska whom all aren't known for recruiting soft kids, so that is encouraging. Along with his 3.9 GPA and 20 ACT shows he is intelligent which hopefully translates to also having a high FBIQ.

Lockhart should have 3 officials left ( he already took officials to Chattanooga and UAB). So it will be interesting to see if Miami's staff jump in the boat with him last minute an can real in an OV from him.

Go Canes

Last edited:
Advertisement
Some January kid always surfaces from Bama...And he always plays hoop...And we never land him

Last edited:
Advertisement
Multi sport athlete, he is more of SDE I see growing into a 3 tech DT.

Go Canes

I agree with this completely. He seems like he could put on a lot of weight in a hurry and still be an athlete. He’s a baby in terms of development but for a first year football player he was very productive. I’m a huge fan

Lockhart unfortunately gives me a Tyreic Martin vibe, although he Lockhart has a bigger frame an appears more athletic.

I like that he is athletic for his size, but playing on the LOS interior is not for everybody, you have to have a violent nature and enjoy fighting mano e mano.

He was recently offered by Iowa, TCU, and Nebraska whom all aren't known for recruiting soft kids, so that is encouraging. Along with his 3.9 GPA and 20 ACT shows he is intelligent which hopefully translates to also having a high FBIQ.

Lockhart should have 3 officials left ( he already took officials to Chattanooga and UAB). So it will be interesting to see if Miami's staff jump in the boat with him last minute an can real in an OV from him.

Go Canes

20 is not a good ACT score unless they changed the scoring since I took it.

Kids only need a 17 to Pass I believe so 20 is average

Attachments

• C21A0E41-AF01-405E-9160-28DC8DE2E0E1.png
    C21A0E41-AF01-405E-9160-28DC8DE2E0E1.png
    748.3 KB · Views: 55
Advertisement
Once again CIS is out scouting the ones who get paid to scout and recruit.
Who knows what our coaches do.

I'm disgusted over the fact Richt only scheduled 8 practices--if the reports are right--when he could have done more

It seems like a passive, lazy approach.

We had a reputation for the toughest, hardest practices when JJ was here. That's how we beat teams who always recruited higher-rated kids out of high school.

Michael Lockhart should at least be brought in for an official visit. As back up plan to the back plan at SDE.

Go Canes

Advertisement
I see he’s listed at 264 now on 247. Should’ve went after this kid as a SDE instead of wasting more time on Bogle.

Advertisement
Back