2019-2020 Season record predictions

Da_Lucky_One

All ACC
Let's have some fun and try to predict how this season will go. I will be first to get the fun started.

My predictions:

High side: 24-5 in the regular season with a top 5 finish in the ACC. Make the NCAA tournament and win two games.

Low side: 18-11 with a top 10 finish in the ACC. Make the NIT.

Likely record: 20-9 in the regular season with a top 7 finish in the ACC and make the NCAA tournament. Win one game.

Keys to the season record: Defense (ability to play any), rebounding and depth (health). I feel like Miami will average over 85 points per game and considering how 8 losses came by 8 points or less last season means Miami has a better chance at winning more games this season if healthy. Scoring should not be a problem if all 10 guys are healthy and available. The key is how well does Rodney, Sam and Deng rebound but our guards would have to help with that also. Defense is a key because even though Miami can score, at some point during key stretches of the game, they will need to get a defensive stops and rebound. Hopefully someone steps us and becomes a defensive stopper to lead the rest of the team.

Post your record predictions and we will discuss what happened at the end of the season.

Advertisement
Da Lucky one man, I credit you for really thinking this highly of the team. I'm no where close.

11-18 high side

7-22 low side (likely)

Advertisement
We will see, I see us dropping a game or 2 that are definite wins. Time will tell.

It would be hard to go 7-22 with this schedule.

LOUISVILLE
FLORIDA ATLANTIC
(AT) UCF
QUINNIPIAC
MISSOURI STATE
FLORIDA/ST. JOSEPH'S
TBD
(AT) ILLINOIS
ALABAMA A&M
TEMPLE
COPPIN STATE
(AT) CLEMSON
DUKE
(AT) LOUISVILLE
PITTSBURGH
(AT) NC STATE
FLORIDA STATE
(AT) DUKE
(AT) NORTH CAROLINA
VIRGINIA TECH
(AT) PITTSBURGH
NC STATE
(AT) FLORIDA STATE
BOSTON COLLEGE
WAKE FOREST
(AT) VIRGINIA TECH
(AT) NOTRE DAME
(AT) GEORGIA TECH
VIRGINIA
SYRACUSE

Advertisement
With a good start I can see this as a 21 win team but it all comes down to how well we do non conference have to win all the games against the cupcakes.

wow J Bilas doesn't even have us in his pre-season Top 68. who wants to make this blowhard "blow" "hard"?

Advertisement
If we stay healthy and Stone gives us quality minutes then 19 wins isn’t an unreasonable expectation.

Team defense will make or break anything over/under that.

I think I’d like to see how Walker does early on. Is he an ACC ready defender from the get go?

Advertisement
Think it'll be a long year, hopefully the bright spot being development of all the new guys.

My biggest concern is I don't see -- among the returning players -- any "lock down" defenders/players with an ability/interest in playing tough defense. Lykes is too short to be effective, DJ too slow and the frontcourt ... right now a disaster. Louisville shot 54% and it seemed like it coulda been 70%.

I'll be watching the new additions to see if any of them are committed on the "other end" of the court. Sure hope so!

Advertisement
Back