2018 WR Jermaine Eskridge

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
I know some of you have asked about him and he's been talked about on here. He just tweeted that he's announcing soon and Miami is one of his "finalists".

Miami is not high on him. Doesn't have a legit offer at this point so don't be surprised when it's not the Canes

Advertisement
I know some of you have asked about him and he's been talked about on here. He just tweeted that he's announcing soon and Miami is one of his "finalists".

Miami is not high on him. Doesn't have a legit offer at this point so don't be surprised when it's not the Canes

Why isn't Miami high on him? Bigger fish?

Pete - maybe you can shed light on this general situation / question: how do recruits even know when an offer is commitable? Will the coach tell a kid "we'd love to have you play at Miami" and some kid will mistake that as an offer? Versus a coach telling a kid he can "commit" whenever he's comfortable? I just feel like there is a lot of grey area and transparency is sorely lacking. Some of these sitatuions are extremely awkward when kids name finalists but we find out certain offers aren't commitable - do the kids always know if they have a comittable offer versus interest? Would be nice to get your perspective or even the perspective of someone who's been thru the college football recruiting process recently.

Advertisement
He then tweeted his decision would be during the middle of the season. Everyone's concept of time and what is "soon" is different.

Bottomline is Miami does not want him. Don't think it's a matter of "bigger fish", just that they don't think he's great.

Advertisement
Who in the 2018 calls is big tall burner who can actually catch the ball = Cooley level ? We need elite wr with elite speed to not just big bodie ones or ones with speed but catches like featherstone . Does this kid have speed and how's the hands .

Watched some of his tape unless he's playing te he's to slow . We have enough of those in this class so far

Who in the 2018 calls is big tall burner who can actually catch the ball = Cooley level ? We need elite wr with elite speed to not just big bodie ones or ones with speed but catches like featherstone . Does this kid have speed and how's the hands .

Hightower

Bottomline is Miami does not want him. Don't think it's a matter of "bigger fish", just that they don't think he's great.

Word. Might be cool to do a feature type article on my above question to shed more light on recruiting grey areas/dark sides of it. Btw, probs time to change ur avi to JR now that he's a World Champion.

Advertisement
Hmm, well we know for sure this kid has extremis interest in Miami, he tweets stuff about Miami constantly and hardly me time other schools ever.

Advertisement

No. They just prefer worse players. That's why they're not on Eskridge.

The staff has an F so far for recruiting we miss way more on Recruits than we land .

The staff has an F so far for recruiting we miss way more on Recruits than we land .

You're a very tough grader.

Advertisement
Back