2018 WR Camren McDonald receives offer

Memnon

Dejazmach
Premium
[TWEET]840333638751285248[/TWEET]

[HUDL]video/3/4650935/57f1c746ed57ee22f813bc2c[/HUDL]

Camren McDonald, Long Beach Poly, Wide Receiver

6'4 215lbs 4-star WR from out of Legendary West Coast school Long Beach Poly Tech.

The same school that produced, MLB HOF Legend Tony Gywnn, NFL players Desean Jackson, Jurrell Casey & a bunch others, along with Hip Hop Icon Snoop Dogg.

Has 42rec 400yds & 6TD's for his career thus far, and comes from good athletic stock, being related to former NBA player Ben McDonald & MLB pitcher James McDonald.

Holds offers from USC, Washington, Arizona, Ole Miss, UF & TAMU.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Got mad connects at Poly...I'll check in on this cat. Poly is a feeder to SC, so it's always a hard pull.

It should also be noted, that he's being recruited to Miami as a hybrid TE...

Sorry, I should've put that in the OP.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Got mad connects at Poly...I'll check in on this cat. Poly is a feeder to SC, so it's always a hard pull.

They have good pickup games on those courts outside the school

Lol; they do. Whatchu know bout that pick up game life at Poly?

A little. I used to live just off Rosecrans/Acacia for a year back when I still played ball.

Them boys in Cali play hoop for real.

Everyone's got a nickname for "it" bro.

Matt Corral, the top QB in Cali this year, transferred over to Poly, so this WR should have a lot of easy balls to catch....

Advertisement

A little. I used to live just off Rosecrans/Acacia for a year back when I still played ball.

Respect; I grew up off of Rosecrans and Avalon. Thats life in Cali, don't matter what part either...someone always hooping either at an elementary school, park, local high school or a pay by the hr gym. Lol.

Advertisement

Respect; I grew up off of Rosecrans and Avalon. Thats life in Cali, don't matter what part either...someone always hooping either at an elementary school, park, local high school or a pay by the hr gym. Lol.

U grew up there?

How tha fvck u end up a Cane?

U grew up there?

Lol...well, I was born in Chicago, but raised in Compton or Bompton on my side of town. Anyways back in 87, my family had on the TV and being that ND is the local team in Chicago, Miami v ND happened to be on and Miami smashed them. My cousin and I went outside and started to emulate what we watched outside. He was 9 and I was 5, and til this day, we both bleed Orange and Green no matter where we are. They were the very first college football team I've ever watched.

Advertisement

U grew up there?

Lol...well, I was born in Chicago, but raised in Compton or Bompton on my side of town. Anyways back in 87, my family had on the TV and being that ND is the local team in Chicago, Miami v ND happened to be on and Miami smashed them. My cousin and I went outside and started to emulate what we watched outside. He was 9 and I was 5, and til this day, we both bleed Orange and Green no matter where we are. They were the very first college football team I've ever watched.

I feel ya, tv is how I chose my teams. That's why I have a weird mixture ( Red Sox, Eagles and canes). Nobody in my family was into sports so I had to go my own route , and I hated the home team fans and team ( Gators).

Great school for producing top football talent.

Back in the day, James Lofton was a track and football star there before doing the same at a Stanford and the NFL. Willie McGinest kicked butt there before going to USC and NFL. Just last week, John Ross of LB Poly ran a 4.22 forty at the Combine.

Glad we are making the effort to recruit there.

I believe they have produced the second or third most NFL players of all-time for a high school without looking it up.

Yes, Wikipedia reports that 60 NFL players have come from Poly over the school's history.

In modern times, STA in Florida, Carter in Dallas and De la Salle in NorCal have outproduced Poly. Why? The ethnic mix in Long Beach has changed radically in the last 20 years. Right now, of the 4,600 student there, 62% are Asian or Hispanic, 25% are Black and 10% are white. This radical decline of the black and white students there reflects California's evolution. But, it means top football moves to more suburban, often Catholic schools that draw from a wide area. In SoCal: that means Serra of Gardena, Mater Dei of Santa Ana and St John Bosco of Bellflower.

Too bad as Poly has been fantastic for 50+ years. Gene Washington, current number 2 exec in the NFL, was a top WR there before going to Stanford and the NFL. Speedy UWash WR John Ross played his youth football for another Poly grad, Snoop Dog.

Advertisement
Back