2018 WR Al'vonte Woodard receives offer

Memnon

Dejazmach
Premium
[TWEET]864489640174264324[/TWEET]

[HUDL]video/3/4842779/5721e8dfdfe23b2d68cc2b8a[/HUDL]

Al'vonte Woodard, Lamar, Wide Receiver

6'1 193lbs 4-star WR from out of Houston, goes to 6A powerhouse school in Lamar, Texas.

Has 65rec 1,412yds 20TD's for his career.

Recently tweeted out his top 10 schools, TAMU, Texas, Clemson, Oh St, Ok St, LSU, WV, Baylor, Ole Miss & Bama.

Texas is the favorite.

Advertisement
We must have him higher than everyone else remaining. My guess is that there isn't much interest/connection here from him.

Advertisement
Dugans is really impressing me. He clearly won't get caught with his pants down again. The fact he pulled Thomas out of a hat is amazing, but no need to go through that stress again. ... Hopefully he brings a pack of these studs to Paradise to create urgency across the whole group, and especially put pressure on Williams, Copeland, Moore, etc.

Sometimes offers are extended as part of a strategic plan. We want to have better access to the school, there are future targets there, maybe even to throw off other schools.

Advertisement
Time to face the fact that Williams ain't coming...Austin is looking like a Norte Dumb kid and as much as I love Moore the staff seems to want a bigger receiver...

This kid looks to be a stud from his offer list of he has a lot of good schools fooled.

Never hurts to form relationships with a Texas school whether he comes or not.Never know when a stud receiver at that school or in that area might WANT to be a Cane..

Advertisement
Time to face the fact that Williams ain't coming...Austin is looking like a Norte Dumb kid and as much as I love Moore the staff seems to want a bigger receiver...

This kid looks to be a stud from his offer list of he has a lot of good schools fooled.

Never hurts to form relationships with a Texas school whether he comes or not.Never know when a stud receiver at that school or in that area might WANT to be a Cane..

You are basing this off of what? It's May and you are acting like NSD is next week

We must have him higher than everyone else remaining. My guess is that there isn't much interest/connection here from him.

doubt we have him higher than everyone else.

Then why are we offering him now? My guess is that we are taking just 1 more WR. I'm talking about this in consideration of Moore, Schwartz, Williams and that standard group we talk about.

Last edited:

You are basing this off of what? It's May and you are acting like NSD is next week

Basing it off the kid has been ,still is ,and until he says otherwise that's the way I'll see it.

It's obvious the staff thinks the same way cause if they had any indication he was rethinking things they wouldn't be handing out offers in Texas...

Advertisement

Basing it off the kid has been ,still is ,and until he says otherwise that's the way I'll see it.

It's obvious the staff thinks the same way cause if they had any indication he was rethinking things they wouldn't be handing out offers in Texas...

You seem to have zero idea how recruiting works. The staff would be sending out offers even if we had 4 WR committed right now. It's May, a long way to go until NSD, and you never know what will happen.

If a kid is a stud, like Woodard is, it's not a surprise we offer. With OOS guys, you have to offer just to find out if they have any interest.

This method of recruiting got us Thomas last year, so it's pretty ridiculous to question it

Advertisement
Back