2018 - Top Targets So Far (Offense)/ Potential Offers

Advertisement
Slight Updates to OP:

- Cam Davis commits
- WR priority rankings

IMO we will find out soon who Richt wants to key in on as his top QB. OL class is wide open right now. TE - Brevin Jordan seems to be the top target

Added Art as a Commit.

We got the Top 2 RBs on our board and the Top QB. Not a bad way to start a recruiting cycle.

I'd add Dunlap to OL big board - looks like we've positioned ourselves nicely with him. Know he really liked Oklahoma early on though

Good stuff...

I think Chris Carter may factor in at TE

I'm not sure/am a little doubtful Warren Thompson ends up at UM...But if he does I can't see him as a TE, doesn't really have that type of frame.

Advertisement
Added Hightower as a commit in the OP. Offense class is already shaping up to be a great one!

Optimal Class:

Sitkowski
Lingard
Davis
Pope
Hightower
Moore
Wiggins
Jordan
Mallory
Barnes
Reed
Dunlap
Scaife

Nobody would be able to stop the O - not 1 3* prospect on the list, all 4's & 5's!

QB: DONE

1. Artur Sitkowski COMMIT
- Dorian Thompson-Robinson
- Joe Milton
- Casey Thompson

Verdict - Sitkowski is our guy. Done at the Position

RB: DONE

1. Lorenzo Lingard COMMIT
2. Camron Davis COMMIT
3. James Cook (FSU)

Potential Offer - Chris Curry

Verdict - Landed our top 2 targets. Done, unless Cook wants in

WR: such a talented class I think we take 5 here

1. Mark Pope
2. Dee Wiggins COMMIT
3. Xavier Williams (BAMA)
4. Brian Hightower COMMIT
5. Kevin Austin
- Corey Gammage
- Jatavious Harris
- Elijah Moore
- Anthony Schwartz

Potential Offer - Dominick Watt

Verdict - Wiggins is very underrated and has a ton of potential. Gotta land Pope and I think we do. Hightower is another big WR to go along with our shorter/speed guys from the 2017 class. Perfect class is Pope,Wiggins, Williams, Hightower, Austin

TE/Flex: Take 2

1. Brevin Jordan
2. Warren Thompson
3. Will Mallory
- Mustapha Muhammad
- Kyle Pitts

Potential Offers - Chris Carter

Verdict - Jordan, Thompson, and Mallory seem to be the top targets. Perfect class is Jordan and Thompson IMO.

OL: 3 or 4

1. Delone Scaife COMMIT
2. William Barnes
3. Cleveland Reed
4. Carlos Dunlap
- John Campbell
- Ed Montilus
- Daniel Faalele

Potential Offer -Kahric Belle

Verdict - Scaife is a great get. Gotta land a true OT in this class. IMO Belle should get an offer. Reed sounds like a silent and we might lead for Dunlap too

Great thread! I looked but didn't see if you did one for defense also?

Advertisement
QB: DONE

1. Artur Sitkowski COMMIT
- Dorian Thompson-Robinson
- Joe Milton
- Casey Thompson

Verdict - Sitkowski is our guy. Done at the Position

RB: DONE

1. Lorenzo Lingard COMMIT
2. Camron Davis COMMIT
3. James Cook (FSU)

Potential Offer - Chris Curry

Verdict - Landed our top 2 targets. Done, unless Cook wants in

WR: such a talented class I think we take 5 here

1. Mark Pope
2. Dee Wiggins COMMIT
3. Xavier Williams (BAMA)
4. Brian Hightower COMMIT
5. Kevin Austin
- Corey Gammage
- Jatavious Harris
- Elijah Moore
- Anthony Schwartz

Potential Offer - Dominick Watt

Verdict - Wiggins is very underrated and has a ton of potential. Gotta land Pope and I think we do. Hightower is another big WR to go along with our shorter/speed guys from the 2017 class. Perfect class is Pope,Wiggins, Williams, Hightower, Austin

TE/Flex: Take 2

1. Brevin Jordan
2. Warren Thompson
3. Will Mallory
- Mustapha Muhammad
- Kyle Pitts

Potential Offers - Chris Carter

Verdict - Jordan, Thompson, and Mallory seem to be the top targets. Perfect class is Jordan and Thompson IMO.

OL: 3 or 4

1. Delone Scaife COMMIT
2. William Barnes
3. Cleveland Reed
4. Carlos Dunlap
- John Campbell
- Ed Montilus
- Daniel Faalele

Potential Offer -Kahric Belle

Verdict - Scaife is a great get. Gotta land a true OT in this class. IMO Belle should get an offer. Reed sounds like a silent and we might lead for Dunlap too

Great thread! I looked but didn't see if you did one for defense also?

Yes it's one for defense
https://www.canesinsight.com/thread...ers/117476?highlight=2018+top+targets+defense

Last edited:
Optimal Class:

Sitkowski
Lingard
Davis
Pope
Hightower
Moore
Wiggins
Jordan
Mallory
Barnes
Reed
Dunlap
Scaife

Nobody would be able to stop the O - not 1 3* prospect on the list, all 4's & 5's!

Nice list and I agree. Then when you add the optimal defensive prospects most of which we are in good shape with, you have one **** of a class and maybe one for the ages. This is the type of class that will propel this program back into playoff contention.

Updated OP with Pope commitment.

Huge get. Offensive class is really starting to take shape. Done at QB, RB, and landed 3 out of 4 top targets at WR.

Remaining gets -

WR - 1 of Xavier Williams, Kevin Austin, or Elijah Moore

TE - Brevin Jordan

OL - Cleveland Reed, then go all out at William Barnes. John Campbell if we don't land Barnes

Updated OP. Staff already eyeing a fully committed offensive recruiting class. A+ Class so far

Top remaining targets

WR - Land 1 of Thompson, Williams, Austin, or Moore

TE - Mallory

OL - Barnes, Campbell

Numbers wise would give us 13 Commits (Offense)

Advertisement
Updated OP. Staff already eyeing a fully committed offensive recruiting class. A+ Class so far

Top remaining targets

WR - Land 1 of Williams, Austin, or Moore

OL - Campbell, Long shot at the Tampa OTs

Numbers wise would give us 13 Commits (Offense)

Updated OP.. Landed Mallory. QB,RB, TE Classes done

Someone was asking about who's left on our recruiting board - Updated OP

Looks like on Offense we're down to possibly the following -

-- Adding Abraham Alce as a FB

-- Flipping Tyquan Thornton from UF if we are still recruiting him? Haven't seen much lately on him

-- Maybe adding 1 more OT if we can land a big name

tons of athletes on that list, lots of teams will be coming hard for them. hopefully CMR don't pull off a gorlden and miss on a ton of them but slow playing, ignoring and/or doing what he did to miss out on tons of them!

That's why I was encouraged with his remark a few months ago. "When they commit that's when the recruiting begins".
All but one of our commits have said they will sign in Dec.
There's not a week that goes by that there's not a few recruits on campus.
Golden was a hard worker too but Richt has been at the game a long time.

Advertisement
If we can add another top OT or two we would be done on Offense. I wouldn't take another WR just to take one, Id be very selective. On Defense its all about Briggs, Joyner and Campbell. Add another DT from JUCO and This class is DONE!!!!

If we win, they will come!! Wouldn't be surprised if we started having commits elsewhere(fswho and ufag mainly) reevaluating their decisions and try to jump on the bandwagon. Best part is that we dont want 98% of them!!!

Updated OP

Remaining Targets -

QB - Jarren Williams

Possible Additions - 1 at WR and 1 at OL (Tackle) after staff evaluates Sr. Film

Thanks for your work, [MENTION=3193]nvlahos[/MENTION]. I know there's a defense one lying around somewhere, but I can't find it. Any chance you have the link handy?

Wouldn't waste time on Crook at all. Spend that time and energy on Curry.

I love the RBs we have but part of me still thinks Curry is going to be a special player and I wouldn't have minded having a bruiser back there...almost wish he was 1 class later so we could have pursued him more

Advertisement
Back