• Attention: Register today to view CanesInSight Ad-Free for 7 days.

2018 Texas CB's

Liberty City El

Dejazmach
[HUDL]video/3/5561438/5721d10a0c5e681224a9d7f4[/HUDL]

Anthony Cook, Lamar, Cornerback

Anthony Cook - IMO, one of the best CB's in the nation...
The #1 ranked CB in Texas, Elite 5-star that plays for the powerhouse school of Lamar & is the quintessential CB prospect.
Has 10INT's for his career, he's a naturally gifted Ballhawk with legit 4.4/4.5 speed, has great instincts, great prototypical size & is no doubt a baller.

When the discussion comes up with Pat Jr, a lot times people might think my stance on him as being overrated comes from the fact he's probably not coming to Miami & it's not. I think this kid Ant Cook is better than Surtain by comparison & he's not coming to Miami either.

[HUDL]video/3/7926789/57f48cbbed57ee4164148369[/HUDL]

Trent Gordon, Manvel, Cornerback

Trent Gordon - From out of Manvel Tx, good 5A school that faces very good comp...
This kid has had a very productive career thus far with 110tckls 4TFL's & 2INT's (total) in his Soph & Junior year.
I like this kid a little more at FS, but at 6'0 180lbs, I think is a very good underrated CB.

[HUDL]video/3/4129553/57df76fe0aff7bc8f83fedf4[/HUDL]

Tanner McCalister, Rockwall-Heath, Cornerback

Tanner McCalister - Another great size kid, with 4.4 speed, versatile athlete & plays the Corner tough.
He had a good Junior season with 55tckls (total) 6TFL's 3FF's 2FR's & 1INT...
What I like most about this kid is his aggressive tackling, he doesn't mind hitting & does very well tracking down runners.

For 2018, we've already heard a lot about every single prospect in Florida & we'll continue to hear more as their Senior seasons progress and we start focusing in on the #Storm18 class.

With that said, I wanted to highlight a few out of state prospects that I believe are really good football players (who all particularly come from Texas)...

I feel as though States like Georgia, Texas & Louisiana produce quite a bit of great football talent, obviously Florida is the Mecca of High School Football & NO state is better than Florida in pure talent, but there's still some ballers nationwide.

I do not think any of these kids are coming here, that wasn't the point of this thread, these are just some out of state prospects I been keeping up on & thought some of the "croot heads" like myself might be interested.

Last edited:

RVACane

Maude. Gone. Rogue.
Thanks LCE. Great information on kids we wouldn't know about until they ball out in college.

Dghustla

Junior
Thanks! I hope u keep it up, this is great stuff.

However, if Richt can't get 2/3 of these studs Storm18 class is a failure and Rumph sucks at recruiting.

Hegemon

Junior
If Miami leaves the tri county area for DB's next year please just close the football program.

AUcane

All-ACC
Good stuff - would love to cherry pick Texas. Used to be a real nice cherry pickinig place back in the late 80s/early 90s. Lot of city ballers in the Houston/Dallas area