2018 RB class

motorcitycane

Senior
Looking back through the recruiting rankings.......

2018 RB class was rough. Probably one of the worst groups in recent history. Miami came out of that class with the best RB from it in Cam Harris!

But man what a bust of a position group lol. None of the top 10 have really done **** outside of Ingram from Texas.

Recruiting is still very much like rolling dice in 2020.

Advertisement
Corbin had about 11 yards on us Saturday...
da bears nfl GIF by Chicago Bears

Advertisement
Advertisement
Lorenzo Lingard
Ricky Slade
Jaelen Gill
Asa Martin
Mycale Salahuddin
Trey Lowe (got moved to WR & transferred)
Brian Snead (got kicked out for sexual assault)
Maurice Washington (got sentenced to 30 days in prison for his case)

All transferred.

Pooka Williams, Killa Cam, Keontay Ingram, Master Teague, Lyn-J Dixon & Ricky Person have been the only real productive RB's out of the top group.

TJ Pledger has been a bust for Oklahoma.

OTOH the wide receiver class was unreal, nobody really wants to play rb and have shortened careers these days..wr and qb making all the dough for skill guys..
Also how amazing would we be on O if landed a tutu, tyquan, e.moore or even Schwartz. Well anyways it is what it is, donk and rickety dropped the ball on those ones

Advertisement
OTOH the wide receiver class was unreal, nobody really wants to play rb and have shortened careers these days..wr and qb making all the dough for skill guys..
Also how amazing would we be on O if landed a tutu, tyquan, e.moore or even Schwartz. Well anyways it is what it is, donk and rickety dropped the ball on those ones
You are right, pretty impressive WR class. But atleast we didn’t end up with Warren f’N Thompson.

Just took a look at the 2018 QB class.
Of the top 30 QBs:
- 10 transfers
- 1 position change to WR
- 5 of the 10 transfers were in the top 10 QBs, (Justin Fields, JT Daniels, Justin Rogers, Jarren Williams, Phil Jurkovec)

So there's a fair chance the QB you sign won't be there for the long haul. Yeesh.

Lorenzo Lingard
Ricky Slade
Jaelen Gill
Asa Martin
Mycale Salahuddin
Trey Lowe (got moved to WR & transferred)
Brian Snead (got kicked out for sexual assault)
Maurice Washington (got sentenced to 30 days in prison for his case)

All transferred.

Pooka Williams, Killa Cam, Keontay Ingram, Master Teague, Lyn-J Dixon & Ricky Person have been the only real productive RB's out of the top group.

TJ Pledger has been a bust for Oklahoma.
Jerome Ford is playing some decent ball at cincy. From Armwood, signed with bama out of high school and i just saw him bust a couple runs for Cincy against Army.

I remember seeing that kid in the playoffs in HS and thought to myself who the **** is this kid and why isn't Miami recruiting him. Not that highly ranked, but he had some good skills. Mainly speed for a bigger guy

Advertisement
Jerome Ford is playing some decent ball at cincy. From Armwood, signed with bama out of high school and i just saw him bust a couple runs for Cincy against Army.

I remember seeing that kid in the playoffs in HS and thought to myself who the **** is this kid and why isn't Miami recruiting him. Not that highly ranked, but he had some good skills. Mainly speed for a bigger guy
Armwood

Most of those kids are still sophomores with 2 years left or 3 with the free season.

Cam Harris is a top 3 on the list

Advertisement
Back