2018 OT Colten Blanton receives offer

TheUBack

Taking a break
Searles just offered Colten Blanton a 4* OT from Cy Ranch outside Houston. Currently committed to the landfill incinerator that is Texas A&M. How do we look for him? Would be good to get another quality Tackle.

Film looks good. Plays with some aggression. Good hands. Foot quickness and agility is a question. Like 99% of HS OL will need to add some strength.

Junior Season - Colten Blanton highlights - Hudl

Advertisement
[TWEET]907733074972168192[/TWEET]

[HUDL]video/3/5268089/58233b9d7bddf75b30458264[/HUDL]

Colten Blanton, Cy Ranch, Offensive Tackle

6'7 280lbs 4-star OT from out of Texas, goes to a pretty good 6A school in Cypress Ranch that was 11-1 & played in their State Championship last year.

Already committed to TAMU, but did so way back in 11/12/16.

Holds offers Bama, Oh St, UGA, Michigan, Oklahoma & UF.

I don't have a subscription, I saw the picture on the article & recognized the school.

My guess with this offer is, the staff must be lining up to take a shot at him because Sumlin will probably be fired sooner or later.

Although, this kid seems like a Texas boy all the way, I don't see him leaving the state.

I have to agree with Liberty City El on this one, that this young man will not be leaving the state of Texas. I give credit to Coach Searels for taking the shot at him, but whomever is coaching TAM the next 4yrs; this young man will be playing 40mins away from his mom who cried when he got the Aggie offer.

Link below
4-star OT Colten Blanton thrilled by Texas A&M chance, proud that Houston has 'pulled together'

4-star OT Colten Blanton thrilled by Texas A&M chance, proud that Houston has 'pulled together'
By Ryan Green - Posted on August 31, 2017

Four-star offensive tackle Colten Blanton has been committed to Texas A&M for more than nine months, and from the day he was offered, he knew he would be an Aggie.

“I was at a restaurant and I got a text from a coach at my school,” Blanton told GN. “He told me to ‘call this number and make sure you step outside from whatever you’re doing and just sit down and talk with them.’ It was (offensive line) Coach (Jim) Turner from Texas A&M and I talked with him for a few minutes. He offered me, then I walked back in and my mom started crying in the middle of the restaurant.

“The coaching staff is great and the facilities are top-notch. After going all over the country, I realized that it’s the best place and it’s only 45 minutes from my house.”

Blanton (6 feet 6, 271 pounds), from Cypress (Texas) Cy Ranch, lives roughly 30 miles from downtown Houston and thus has a good understanding of the catastrophic flooding that has ravaged the city.

RELATED: Recruiting watch: Here are 5 top targets still on Texas A&M wish list

“It breaks my heart that it had to happen to us,” Blanton said. “But I was looking at it and seeing everybody pull together, and with everything that is happening outside in the world, I feel like Houston will have a positive effect on the rest of the nation by just coming together as one. And it will lead to bigger things.”

Blanton is ranked as a top-20 offensive tackle in the nation and top-300 overall prospect in the 2018 recruiting class.

“I don’t really pay attention to the rankings,” Blanton said. “At first, it was awesome, but it kind of blew my head up a little bit. In my perspective, I’m just a nobody that’s trying to make it.”

Blanton is happy to have the recruiting process behind him.

“Honestly, from my perspective, I hated the recruiting process,” Blanton said. “I did not like all the attention towards me. So it felt really good to get it over with. Me and my family, we sat down and we said once I commit, I’m done. So, I’m 100 percent Texas A&M and haven’t looked anywhere else since.”

How would Blanton describe his game as an offensive tackle?

“I feel like I’m an agile, powerful run blocker,” he said. “I feel like I have good footwork and I’m able to adjust in the passing game.”

Texas A&M has added four-star wide receiver Jalen Preston, four-star safety Leon O’Neal Jr. and four-star defensive end Max Wright to its recruiting class over the past few months. That’s something that’s caught Blanton’s attention.

“Yes, it’s awesome and it’s great to see everybody else come join us,” Blanton said. “We have grown so much and all of those guys are great. Honestly, I have a feeling we are going to add a couple more guys as well.”

Texas A&M has 16 commitments in its 2018 class. Blanton is one of seven prospects in the class who’s ranked as a four-star recruit.

Advertisement
TAM has produced some monster Tackles over the last 5 years, big up to coach Searels trying to sneak a big one out of Texas. Good thing is Miami gets a lot of Love in the Houston area.

[video=youtube;H2XaXtd_je8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2XaXtd_je8[/video]

Kevin Sumlin's TAM HC seat is getting even hotter with their latest beat down by Bama , so flipping this young man seems like not so much of pipedream now.

Go Canes

We've had a number of OTs from Texas, including Eric Winston, Tony Tella, and Todd Keane. The latter was from a Houston area school, Cypress-Fairfax, I think, and he transferred back to a Texas school after spending a redshirt freshman year at UM.

There were probably others.

EDIT: Actually, it was spelled Keene. Todd claims on his current website to have been an All-American and having played for the national championship team in 1987. I remember the morning after the NC game against Oklahoma, one of my friends told me Keene was transferring out. I don't think he played at all that one year he was at Miami. He transferred to a Texas school, perhaps it was TAMU, where he had a HS teammate playing. Yes, we got him out of Texas, and soon after, we returned him.

https://www.thepowerteam.com/todd-keene

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back