2018 Numbers ?

Advertisement
My guess is 22-25. We have room for 15 right now without any attrition/early departures. I think we can get close to a full class in 2018.

My guess is 22-25. We have room for 15 right now without any attrition/early departures. I think we can get close to a full class in 2018.

haven't we been like 10 players under the allotted total we are allowed?

I think we'll play at 82 this year? I'll have to re-re-add everything once all the transfers/attrition shakes down.

I think we'll play at 82 this year? I'll have to re-re-add everything once all the transfers/attrition shakes down.

i would imagine we should see some attrition at QB this year too. Allison, Rosier, Shirreffs, Testaverde, Weldon, and Perry... would imagine at least 2 of the upperclassmen gone soon

Advertisement
That's my guess as well. I don't think Testaverde is on scholarship.

There was speculation we would take as much as 28 this year and finished with 24 with maybe a grad transfer coming in so i would say next year were probably gonna have another pretty big class 25-28

What is a realistic amount of kids we can sign next year? guessing 25ish?

24-25 sounds about right and maybe add in 1 or 2 transfers. Attrition will come from seniors, transfers, redshirt Jrs. who have graduated and NFL early entries. In 2018 depth should be where it needs to be across the board.

Advertisement
How many of Golden/Kehoe OLinemen will be shown the door is the better question

There will always be room...

The Draft, players transferring & guys being kicked off the team.

Plus, we didn't max out this class so we'll be able to sign anywhere from 23-28 next year.

Pretty sure Richt said at the nsd press conference we were now at 80 and possibly looking for a couple grad transfers and/or late signees

Advertisement
We are at 81 with 11 seniors. Adding 5th year transfer seniors does not affect numbers.

2-3 kids leave early for draft (Walton, McIntosh, Norton, Willis or Jaquan) and 5-7 leave program via normal attrition.

Looking at 22-25 or more.

1 QB
3 RB
3 WR
1 TE
3 OL
2 DE
3 DT
2 LB
5 DB
then a couple to float to pick up best player available (maybe a TE/WR type or another WR/DB if someone truly elite wants to come).

1 QB
3 RB
3 WR
1 TE
3 OL
2 DE
3 DT
2 LB
5 DB
then a couple to float to pick up best player available (maybe a TE/WR type or another WR/DB if someone truly elite wants to come).

Looks good to me except that the staff want two tight ends this class.

Advertisement
We are at 81 with 11 seniors. Adding 5th year transfer seniors does not affect numbers.

2-3 kids leave early for draft (Walton, McIntosh, Norton, Willis or Jaquan) and 5-7 leave program via normal attrition.

Looking at 22-25 or more.

This is the most likely scenario. It's possible we get one or more Jucos or a red-shirt transfers (e.g., Logan) instead of grad transfers, which would affect the numbers. But I hope the staff is recruiting for 25 spots.

Advertisement
Back