2018 New Commit

So let me get this straight our coaching staff accepted a commitment from a 2018 recruit without his parents approval. And then sent out a tweet about it.

Advertisement
So let me get this straight our coaching staff accepted a commitment from a 2018 recruit without his parents approval. And then sent out a tweet about it.

Im pretty sure the staff isnt allowed much of any contact with 2018 kids in this part of the cycle. Hard to do due diligence.

Someone in the know. Enlighten us on this kid. Thanks.
I mentioned this in another thread but Thompson had not stood out at all to me in any of Armwood games. My lil cuz is the qb so I went to at least 4 of their games this year including the state game against Central. Once again, their RB Brian Sneed is who we need to look at.
It's ok, the only armwood kids that have been any good are Matt Jones and Eric Striker
Slow ya role. You just named the ones that made it or will make it to the league. Ryan Giddens, Jarriett Buie, Torrey Davis (before getting kicked out of UF), Eric Smith, and Mywon Jackson were all productive. ...

Last edited:

Im pretty sure the staff isnt allowed much of any contact with 2018 kids in this part of the cycle. Hard to do due diligence.

Then why accept the commitment? Why not just continue to form a relationship with the kid and his parents.

Advertisement
We don't get armwood kids

They flame out anyway. Lotta talent has left that school to be average.

Then why accept the commitment? Why not just continue to form a relationship with the kid and his parents.

The staff shares a little blame here but what are they supposed to say? I know we offered you but we have to check with your mom first? I doubt our competitors are doing that. Kid shouldve at least told his family he was commiting regardless if they agreed with the early commitment or destination.

Advertisement
Who was the WR from Seffner/Armwood years back who spurned us late after being committed for a while? Murray or something like that? Anyone know where he ended up?

Go Canes!

Ahh brings back memories to Frankie Hammond for the old recruiting peeps.... :monkey-serious:

Some of y'all jumping on the mom saying its about money. Maybe she is right, 2018 is a long a$$ ways away. What's the point? If he really loves Miami like that he will recommit. And actually it can go both ways. He can decommit and blow his knee out. Then she will regret making him decommit.

Advertisement
****...I wonder if this is a mom telling the kid to be wise and weigh all his options, or if she is anti-Miami.....this will swirl for awhile

I'll go with the former, although I have no knowledge of his situation. I just think she is probably being a wise parent and doesn't want a kid to rush into anything. Those with suspicions about an ulterior motive might be right, though.

Advertisement
Back