2018 LB's

Advertisement
2 is the number that's been thrown around and I've heard.

Wouldn't rule out it growing to 3 though. All depends on attrition & etc.

Rosendo Louis
David Reese
Cameron Jonas
Jamien Sherwood

The local targets with legitimate offers at this point. Reese, Jonas & Sherwood are S to LB converts. Although Reese and Jonas have been practically playing Lb already.

Another which has been discussed a lot already is Yasir Abdullah from Carol City. No offer yet but obviously one to monitor.

That's for local/in-state at this point. I'm sure staff has tabs on guys nationally as well.

Staff hasn't shown much interest in Georges, Beaver & Hicks and rightfully for certain reasons. Explained about Georges in another thread. Beaver is small in terms of size for a Lb 5'10"ish and very light. Hicks is a bit of a tweener at this point, not big enough for DE and not sure of him as a full time LB. Hicks is a legacy(Blades family) as well and just earned his invite to under Armour game over the weekend.

Was wondering if staff had any interest in Eriq Gilyard from Trinity as a MLB . Had reached out to him and was told not much contact at this point.

Staff hasn't shown much interest in Georges, Beaver & Hicks and rightfully for certain reasons. Explained about Georges in another thread. Beaver is small in terms of size for a Lb 5'10"ish and very light. Hicks is a bit of a tweener at this point, not big enough for DE and not sure of him as a full time LB. Hicks is a legacy(Blades family) as well and just earned his invite to under Armour game over the weekend.

Was wondering if staff had any interest in Eriq Gilyard from Trinity as a MLB . Had reached out to him and was told not much contact at this point.

This post was so good, that [MENTION=8971]Geo305[/MENTION] made it twice. This allowed me to upvote it twice.

Advertisement

This post was so good, that [MENTION=8971]Geo305[/MENTION] made it twice. This allowed me to upvote it twice.

That weirdo pook187 probably fappin at the opportunity to neg him twice...

The local targets with legitimate offers at this point. Reese, Jonas & Sherwood are S to LB converts. Although Reese and Jonas have been practically playing Lb already.

Thanks for the info. Isn't Rosendo Louis another local target with a legit offer? Seems to the one LB target that fits the mold of a Mike backer

Thanks for the info. Isn't Rosendo Louis another local target with a legit offer? Seems to the one LB target that fits the mold of a Mike backer

Might have worded it wrong afterwards but I mentioned him in the post. He's more of a traditional LB. Big frame too.

That weirdo pook187 probably fappin at the opportunity to neg him twice...
[MENTION=1148]pook187[/MENTION]

Advertisement

Gilyard is smallish too. 5'11 I believe

Don't you normally want your Beavers small?

Advertisement

Might have worded it wrong afterwards but I mentioned him in the post. He's more of a traditional LB. Big frame too.

Gotcha, yea I may have misread, as well. I like Rosendo Louis in the MIKE slot like Shaq.

I haven't heard much about Cameron Jonas. Seems like a Jermaine Grace type. WHat are your thoughts on him? Does he have a frame to add needed weight?

Gotcha, yea I may have misread, as well. I like Rosendo Louis in the MIKE slot like Shaq.

I haven't heard much about Cameron Jonas. Seems like a Jermaine Grace type. WHat are your thoughts on him? Does he have a frame to add needed weight?

I like Cameron a lot. He practically plays LB already for Dwyer, comes up in the box a lot. I think he has the speed & aggression Diaz would want his OLB to have. Very athletic as he plays WR similar to how Amari Carter did last year. Have met him in person, he's a little light right now but he is still growing. Our presence is very much felt in Palm Beach. If there was a year to break the curse with Dwyer and Miami. This would be it.

I honestly don't feel we could go wrong if we got 2 of the 3 between Reese, Jonas & Sherwood as OLBs. Splitting hairs to me honestly.

Advertisement
Back