OL: B+ - Could've used a true LT and Goss was that

Delone Scaife
John Campbell
Cleveland Reed

Misses - Jalen Goss (FSU)

Staff Grade - A - Killed It. Would've been an A+ if we landed Goss

Advertisement
No complaints on this side of the ball.

Getting another OT would've been nice, but I don't think it's a massive loss.

Looking forward to which one of the 3 young QBs will win the starting job. It won't be Rosier.

I agree. The offensive class is championship caliber. It's the defensive recruiting that has everyone lit up.

Kevin Austin wasn't a miss, we stopped recruiting him early in the process when he started talking up the likes of Duke, Notre Dame & Clemson.

A miss is a prospect you really really wanted & couldn't land despite your last ditch efforts, Austin was a kid we showed some interest in but then cooled & moved on.

Goss was overrated as **** imo, I agree we coulda used a 4th OL this class just for depth sake, but Campbell will be a monster after a redshirt year of developing, Scaife & Reed can play day 1 & will both be competing for a starter spot this season.

Other than that, agree with everything else. Richt has more than weapons than any team in the ACC, there's literally no more excuses if our Offense doesn't run at optimum level.

Kevin Austin wasn't a miss, we stopped recruiting him early in the process when he started talking up the likes of Duke, Notre Dame & Clemson.

A miss is a prospect you really really wanted & couldn't land despite your last ditch efforts, Austin was a kid we showed some interest in but then cooled & moved on.

Goss was overrated as **** imo, I agree we coulda used a 4th OL this class just for depth sake, but Campbell will be a monster after a redshirt year of developing, Scaife & Reed can play day 1 & will both be competing for a starter spot this season.

Other than that, agree with everything else. Richt has more than weapons than any team in the ACC, there's literally no more excuses if our Offense doesn't run at optimum level.

I guess thats true for Austin. The staff didn't miss on him, so I should prob take him off the list, but in my mind he was a miss. His film was real good.

Disagree with you on Goss based on his Film (looked like a stud), but we'll see how he develops.

Looking forward to seeing Campbell develop as well.

No more excuses for Richt on Offense

Advertisement

scaife is enormous. i didn't pay much attention to him during his recruitment (watched a little film), but seeing him in person and then remembering how well he carries his weight and moves his feet is jaw dropping.

Advertisement
Back