2018 DT's

jjapps1985

Freshman
Do y'all think we have a chance with Taron Vincent , the kid is a straight beast. 24/7 sports has him crystal balled to Ohio ST, but he trying to take a visit down here. And what other DT's are we looking at.

Advertisement
Taron Vincent highlight film
[video]https://www.hudl.com/video/3/3833048/5721dee60c5e681224b9aab2[/video]

Advertisement
They'll be a lot of DT's that we're looking at...

There's a 4-star kid Michael Thompson from Missouri, who Coach Kool will probably go after.

3-star Louisville commit who's transferring to MNW Davontae McCrae might get an offer & if he did I know he would flip.

Nesta Silvera is a really good prospect, goes to AH.

There's also a bunch of local prospects that don't have offers yet, but very well could get them during their Senior year.

Imo, the two best DT's in the country are two kids down in Texas, 4-star Bobby Brown & Shabazz Dotson (I doubt we could get either one of them out of the Big XII country).

You have to also remember that Coach Kool will not be recruiting the traditional 330lbs sloppy fat NT, he likes big fast athletic DL's that can run & are versatile... So there's kids who are listed at DE that will be recruited here as such, but will also play inside.

Kids like Taylor Upshaw & Malcolm Lamar, are huge kids who are both 6'5+ 250-270 DE's that would easily be able to play DT in our scheme.

There's a lot of underrated kids who will blow up in their Senior season, who aren't highly rated right now, but can be good down the line.

One of my favorite underrated prospects is a 3-star kid Jordan Davis from North Carolina.

Last edited:
when was the last time a BLUE chip DT committed

Based in rankings? Forston
Based on performance? Our two starters right now
Most teams wanted Norton as an OG, no? And, part of the reason we're in such good shape at DT is because Golden and D'ono accidentally did us a favor. They'd recruit SSDEs who'd get fattened up into the 3-4 role. Instead, guys like Mcintosh, Willis, and Moten can remain natural and be excellent upfield DTs in Diaz's scheme.

We probably don't need "blue chippers" as straight away HS DT prospects.
At Mcintosh's role, we can continue to pick up SSDEs.
At the other spot, however, we'd obviously benefit from higher ranked guys with the Norton and Jenkins role.

I still think we need a guy who can play the 0 or 1 (like Norton or Jenkins) in this year's class. Conliffe seems like the ideal.

There's a 4-star kid Michael Thompson from Missouri, who Coach Kool will probably go after.

3-star Lousiville commit who's transferring to MNW Davontae McCrae might get an offer & if he did I know he would flip.

Nesta Silvera is a really good prospect, but he goes to AH, so, you know... (lol)

There's also a bunch of local prospects that don't have offers yet, but very well could get them during their Senior year.

Imo, the two best DT's in the country are two kids down in Texas, 4-star Bobby Brown & Shabazz Dotson (I doubt we could get either one of them out of the Big XII country).

You have to also remember that Coach Kool will not be recruiting the traditional 330lbs sloppy fat NT, he likes big fast athletic DL's that can & our versatile... So there's kids who are listed at DE that will be recruited here as such, but will also play inside.

Kids like Taylor Upshaw & Malcolm Lamar, are huge kids who are both 6'5+ 250-270 DE's that would easily be able to play DT in our scheme.

There's a lot of underrated kids who will blow up in their Senior season, who aren't highly rated right now, but can be good down the line.

One of my favorite underrated prospects is a 3-star kid Jordan Davis from North Carolina.

Thanks El. It's silly for these boys on here to think the staff isn't knowledgeable of and recruiting DT's just because it's not public knowledge who. Re the 2 Texas DT's, I can accept and understand kids staying home and playing for state teams. If more did that bamer would come back to earth. They the only team reeling in the best at his position kids from other states. The state of bama lacks sustainable talent. I disregard 99% of the silly comments made here and trust this staff has recruiting insights, evaluating film, going to games and visiting many of the DT's throughout America. What staff isn't?

Advertisement

3-star Lousiville commit who's transferring to MNW Davontae McCrae might get an offer & if he did I know he would flip.

Nesta Silvera is a really good prospect, but he goes to AH, so, you know... (lol)

You have to also remember that Coach Kool will not be recruiting the traditional 330lbs sloppy fat NT, he likes big fast athletic DL's that can & our versatile... So there's kids who are listed at DE that will be recruited here as such, but will also play inside.

I really like Bobby Brown he's big physical and does a great job with his hands. He will definitely be a tough pull. Shabazz Dotson is nice, really wish he had more film. I still would rank Vincent higher then Shabazz. Vincent is quick off the with explosive hands

#1 2018 DT said awhile ago he's very interested in us. Says FSU and tOSU are his leaders, but he did visit us early in novemeber. And no idea what this says (2018 5-Star DT Vincent Eyeing Miami Visit) but I think it says something about him wanting to visit again. Definitely a long shot, but I definitely think we will only be going after top recruits on the DL.

Also, Dematha in Maryland (The school MacFarland) goes to has the #4 DT in 2018, So I'd expect us to recruit him too.

Ford in this year's class is top 15 in the country.

Moten was a 4-star a few years ago.

We'll be getting more and more of them with Kuligowski here and Diaz running an attacking D.

Some people forget (or may not be aware) that Miami's history at DT can match almost any school in the country.

We have 2 in the HOF, Wilfork will very likely join them (Kennedy and Sapp) and Jerome Brown would have had a good chance too if not for....having his career ended prematurely....

And there were some good ones before these fellows, too....

Advertisement

3-star Louisville commit who's transferring to MNW Davontae McCrae might get an offer & if he did I know he would flip.

You have to also remember that Coach Kool will not be recruiting the traditional 330lbs sloppy fat NT, he likes big fast athletic DL's that can run & are versatile... So there's kids who are listed at DE that will be recruited here as such, but will also play inside.

Jordan Davis just received his offer from Miami today.

Advertisement

Based in rankings? Forston
Based on performance? Our two starters right now
Most teams wanted Norton as an OG, no? And, part of the reason we're in such good shape at DT is because Golden and D'ono accidentally did us a favor. They'd recruit SSDEs who'd get fattened up into the 3-4 role. Instead, guys like Mcintosh, Willis, and Moten can remain natural and be excellent upfield DTs in Diaz's scheme.

We probably don't need "blue chippers" as straight away HS DT prospects.
At Mcintosh's role, we can continue to pick up SSDEs.
At the other spot, however, we'd obviously benefit from higher ranked guys with the Norton and Jenkins role.

I still think we need a guy who can play the 0 or 1 (like Norton or Jenkins) in this year's class. Conliffe seems like the ideal.

Solid

As long as kool and diaz are here this is the one position i will never worry about.

Advertisement
Back