2018 DT Stephon Wynn Jr receives offer

Memnon

Dejazmach
Premium
[TWEET]829474357424578560[/TWEET]

[HUDL]video/3/4729073/57eb45d390f9933288ea7dd2[/HUDL]

Stephon Wynn, IMG Academy, Strong-Side Defensive End

Legit 4-star 6'4 260lbs SDE originally from South Carolina, but transferred to IMG for his Senior season.

Good strength numbers, 340lbs Bench, 455lbs deadlift & 260lbs clean.

Last edited:
Advertisement
IMG has 2 4-star DTs and a 5-star (Vincent) in the senior class alone.

At some point getting some of these highly rated national out-of-state kids to play (relatively) close by is going to pay dividends for us....

IMG has 2 4-star DTs and a 5-star (Vincent) in the senior class alone.

At some point getting some of these highly rated national out-of-state kids to play (relatively) close by is going to pay dividends for us....

This is amazing to me ... I played highschool ball at a 4A school in VA that wins state every single year and never has anybody go D1 ..... It's unbelievable to read / see all the talent on these south Florida teams ... These MFs got two 4 stars and a 5 star just on the Dline JUST IN THE SENIOR CLASS !! ... It is incredible to me

Advertisement
Advertisement
We need at least 3 solid DT's in the '18 class. I love Jon Ford but I would have liked to get at least one more in this class. On the other hand I am happy that we didn't reach for a project.

I would say this young man is a Clemson lock!

Link to article
https://www.seccountry.com/south-carolina/stephon-wynn-jr-the-son-of-a-former-clemson-te-is-definitely-considering-south-carolina

Stephon Wynn Jr., the son of a former Clemson TE, is ‘definitely’ considering South Carolina

Most kids from Anderson, S.C., grow up bleeding Clemson orange. Stephon Wynn Jr. isn’t any different.

A rising junior defensive lineman from TL Hanna High School, Wynn is the son of a former Clemson tight end, who played for the Tigers from 1993-94.

The 6-foot-4, 254-pound prospect has an offer to follow his dad’s footsteps to Clemson, but it’s hardly his only one. South Carolina, Auburn, Florida, Tennessee, Texas A&M and Vanderbilt have offered. Louisville, Michigan, Michigan State, Nebraska and Penn State have, too.

Wynn’s taken multiple visits to South Carolina, including one earlier this month for the linemen camp.

“I like the passion that coach (Will) Muschamp and his staff are bringing,” Wynn said. “They love the game of football and I love the way they’re turning their program around. That’s the main reason why I’m definitely considering them.”

Wait, the son of a Tiger actually considering the Gamecocks?

Absolutely.

“I was never really taught to not like South Carolina,” Wynn said. “Growing up, we went to a lot of Clemson games when I was young, so that’s all I knew when I was young. I’ve been taking it all in. I don’t have any favorites. I’m just going to take in every school.”

That includes the ones in Chapel Hill, N.C., and Knoxville, Tenn.

“Hopefully, I can get down to North Carolina and Tennessee, for sure, for camps. But, if not camps, then just for visits,” Wynn said.

The South Carolina camp certainly went well.

“That gave me an opportunity to work with coach (Lance) Thompson and that was my first time seeing him on the field, working with him as a coach. I really enjoyed working with him,” Wynn said.

Prospect and coach meshed pretty well.

“He’s the type that will get after me and I like that,” Wynn said. “He’s not going to take it light on me. He’s going to go hard on me like I’m one of his players and I really like that about him.”

As a sophomore, Wynn had 65 tackles, 8 tackles for loss and 3 sacks.

Advertisement
Link to article
Wynn opens up on Bama offer, Clemson visit and All-American invite - Clemson Football News | TigerNet

Wynn opens up on Bama offer, Clemson visit and All-American invite

Offer number 26 rolled in for Clemson legacy Stephon Wynn earlier this week, and it came from the program that National Champion Clemson defeated in the title game in Tampa last month.

The Alabama Crimson Tide extended an offer to the 4-star defensive end out of Bradenton (FL) IMG Academy. The 6-5, 250-pounder is from Anderson and began his high school career at T.L. Hanna before moving to IMG in mid-January. His father, Stephon Wynn, Sr., played tight end at Clemson from 1990-94.

Wynn also has offers from LSU, Florida, Georgia, Michigan, Nebraska, Tennessee, Ole Miss and Miss St. among others, but he says the latest offer shows people are taking notice.

“It's been great that people see all of my hard work and it makes me want to work harder,” Wynn told TigerNet. “I am glad that all of my hard work has paid off. This is a great blessing to receive all of these offers. I am blessed.”

Wynn visited Clemson last weekend for the Tigers’ Elite Junior Day, and he was accompanied by four of his IMG teammates, a group that included linebacker commit Mike Jones, Jr., and fellow South Carolinian Xavier Thomas.

The group got to see Clemson’s new football complex up close, and he said it was great to see the new building with his teammates.

“It's amazing. Nobody else in the country has what they have. It is incredible,” Wynn said. “The slide was fun. That is what probably stood out the most. It is real fast. It was great to experience that with those guys. It was a cool experience.”

He also got a chance to meet with new defensive line coach Todd Bates, who was hired after longtime defensive ends coach Marion Hobby left for the NFL and defensive tackles coach Dan Brooks retired.

“I got to meet Coach Bates. He is really cool,” Wynn said. “I was a little shocked to hear about Coach Hobby and Coach Brooks. Those guys have been at Clemson a long time, so it was good for me to get to know him.”

Wynn said he’s in no hurry to make a decision or name a leader. Instead, he just wants to enjoy the recruiting process.

“We are going on some visits soon, and I want to see other places and see what they have to offer. We are down here now and it's not as easy to get around but we are going to make some visits,” he said. “I don’t have any of that planned out (making a decision) yet. I want to take all the visits and I still have more offers coming in, so I am not ready to pick a top group or make any kind of decision.”

He also recently announced that he has accepted an invitation to play in the Under Armour All-American Game.

“I got invited to the game about a month ago, and I've been thinking about it,” he said. “But it's a no-brainer to go and play if you get selected to something like that, so I am going to play.”

Advertisement
Back