2018 DT recruiting

Advertisement
Advertisement
Ivins reported that Thompson is no longer visiting this weekend.

He was never a realistic option.
That’s not what Brooklyndee said.

looks like we're going harder for Coburn than Thompson to me. And that actually makes more sense.
Coburn is 100% a 1tech DT for us while Thompson is solely a 3tech dt. Personally I'd want Nesta playing 3tech DT where he can make the bigger impact.

Given the option id choose coburn over thompson, especially since we're going for Chatman and Briggs who are both 3tech dts or sde's in a similar mold to Pat Bethel

Advertisement
Was Nesta and Chatman not Kools top 2 and we where only taking 3 dt's. If so then getting his top 2 is big. Just a thought I had.

Advertisement
That's why I posted it with all the Doom and Gloom of DT recruiting. It would look like if coach Kool got the guys he really want it. Shouldn't we be ecstatic?

Yes, but Briggs is clearly wanted more than Chatman right now.

But I do agree with you on your point. DT recruiting isn't as bad as people are making it seem. And if Tito Edenigbo can play 1tech DT, then we will have good DT play this year.

And we're in the final 2 for Coburn, which is pretty impressive since he was a long shot. We get him and Nesta this is an elite haul, idc what anyone says.

Advertisement
I'm not sure I can agree with this. Then again, are you saying that those two were Kool's top targets from the jump? Because recruiting Briggs, Thompson, Trout, Friday, etc. would say otherwise.

Advertisement
Back