2018 DT Jordan Davis receives offer

Doesn't seem like he's coming here, he was just in Florida in June and visited fsu and uf but not us

Advertisement
Looks like a 0-tech. Would be interesting to see how we'd use him.

Would you think a 1 technique, i.e. Pat Williams? We used Wilfork there in college, IIRC, but in the NFL he was the 0 in NE.
I mean, guess you could shade him over, but he doesn't exactly look explosive through gaps. He basically gets a decent jump off snap and heads directly in a straight line. He's a big, seemingly strong kid now. Curious to see how his next season's film looks.

Precisely what caught my eye @ 2:20 mark.

Doesn't strike me as overly similar to anyone we have here on roster. Curious about Mizzou/Kul days.

Courtel Jenkins was a 0 tech and he did OK in this scheme. And this kid looks a lot stronger and more explosive then Courtel.

Sent from my N9519 using Tapatalk

Courtel Jenkins was a 0 tech and he did OK in this scheme. And this kid looks a lot stronger and more explosive then Courtel.

Hold on now, lets slow down with the comparison's to Courtel Jenkins. Courtel Jenkins when focused was a load to to handle. His problem was his extra curricular after the play activities. Jenkins was a natural 0 or 1 Technique. Jordan Davis is more of a 3 tech than a 0 or 1, he needs to work on his get off in order to be a more effective player in college. At the FBS level as a 6'5"+ Tall O Tech he will have a very hard gaining leverage in the middle, but shaded into a gap he can push the pocket and play the run at the same time.

Coutrel Jenkins was a bulldog in the middle that was rarely moved, but he also the explosive to get the QB or chase down a play if need be.

Go Canes

[video=youtube;NS_VoFnmQ70]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NS_VoFnmQ70[/video]

Advertisement

Hold on now, lets slow down with the comparison's to Courtel Jenkins. Courtel Jenkins when focused was a load to to handle. His problem was his extra curricular after the play activities. Jenkins was a natural 0 or 1 Technique. Jordan Davis is more of a 3 tech than a 0 or 1, he needs to work on his get off in order to be a more effective player in college. At the FBS level as a 6'5"+ Tall O Tech he will have a very hard gaining leverage in the middle, but shaded into a gap he can push the pocket and play the run at the same time.

Coutrel Jenkins was a bulldog in the middle that was rarely moved, but he also the explosive to get the QB or chase down a play if need be.

Go Canes

Oh yes our DT guru. Can't talk about the only recruit that you actually mentioned on this board to actually ever be recruited. My bad DBC.

Go Canes

I hated to see Jenkins go, kid could cause havoc when he put his mind to it. Big loss for the defense in my opinion

Go Canes

That second play where Major 9 chased the qb down and caused the fumble, he showed excellent speed as did Jackson 99 and surprisingly Big Norton who recovered the fumble. Makes me even more excited about this defense's potential.

Advertisement

Go Canes

I hated to see Jenkins go, kid could cause havoc when he put his mind to it. Big loss for the defense in my opinion

While it certainly would have been nice to have Jenkins for this season, he rarely put his mind to it.

Lol yall really love stressing what "tech" a DT is or isnt on this board.... i guess its just for pointless conversation.

Its coach Kool, the DT is going to line up and attack like every other position on Coach Kools dline... simple not that complicated.

Go Canes

Oh yes our DT guru. Can't talk about the only recruit that you actually mentioned on this board to actually ever be recruited. My bad DBC.

U forgot to drop the mic

Why am I not surprised M3N is trying to stir up bull step in this thread.

Man grow up, and keep your penny antics to yourself.

Go Canes

Go Canes

Advertisement
Pete said in like March or April he expected him in this class

When I asked Pete about him about 3-4 weeks ago on this board, he didn't comment...

Would take him in a heartbeat.

Last weeks game 2018 DT Jordan Davis at 6'5" 320lbs scooped a forced fumble on the run and rumbled 25yds for the scoop score in his high school game. That is insane athleticism for someone that tall and big especially being so young to able to have that coordination is impressive. Miami could use this young man in the 2018 d-line class to go along with a few others (Dennis Briggs and Trevor Trout).

[TWEET]924052149901975555[/TWEET]

Last edited:
Advertisement
Last weeks game 2018 DT Jordan Davis at 6'5" 320lbs scooped a forced fumble on the run and rumbled 25yds for the scoop score in his high school game. That is insane athleticism for someone that tall and big especially being so young to able to have that coordination is impressive. Miami could use this young man in the 2018 d-line class to go along with a few others (Dennis Briggs and Trevor Trout).

[TWEET]924052149901975555[/TWEET]

Hard to judge athleticism from that video but it seems he’s been Kooled on... looks like an OT body-wise imo

JORDAN Davis's Senior highlights below should help you judge his athletic ability.
[video=youtube_share;uqFe3r1NEPw]https://youtu.be/uqFe3r1NEPw[/video]

JORDAN Davis's Senior highlights below should help you judge his athletic ability.
[video=youtube_share;uqFe3r1NEPw]https://youtu.be/uqFe3r1NEPw[/video]

Paranos, why do you keep bumping these DT updates? Is there actual contact with J.Davis, Phillips, any of these guys?

Advertisement
Back