2018 DBS - Positions

snipergang

Redshirt Freshman
It'll be interesting to see what banda and rumph do as far as assigning positions to our DBs - Blades Gilbert and Mayb Tyson and Patrick.. we know Ivey is a CB but what about the others.

Our staff messed up big time with Colbert. Playing him at CB when he could of started with Jenkins at Safety.. would have been 1000x better

Advertisement
Colbert went from not having a draftable grade to drafted and now starting for an NFL team and being called the steal of the draft. Not sure how they made a mistake. He came from being a S at Texas and that didn’t pan out.

What?? Cleary he would have been better as a Safety like he is in the NFL.. and he would of been great next to Jenkins

You have to be a real moron to find anything negative about the Colbert situation and how UM saved his career.

Advertisement
What?? Cleary he would have been better as a Safety like he is in the NFL.. and he would of been great next to Jenkins

How about our whole 2ndary got drafted. I believe our staff did a heck of a job w the entire 2ndary, period. Dumb thread.

Poorly worded post or a shot at the staff. Neither usually goes over very well on the site. I do think that the Db's have been a bit out of place at times but that's expected when you bring in a new group of coaches. Our team was better off with Jenkins/Carter/Colbert all being on the field at the same time. Colbert was a transfer and new Diaz system so was probably more comfortable moving to a new position.

We may not all agree with it but the staff covets lengthy athletes all over the secondary. The guys we recruited are going to get a chance to play corner first and see if they can handle themselves in coverage. I like the strategy. I see Ivy and Blades playing corner and Gil moving to safety and becoming a star.

Advertisement
It'll be interesting to see what banda and rumph do as far as assigning positions to our DBs - Blades Gilbert and Mayb Tyson and Patrick.. we know Ivey is a CB but what about the others.

Our staff messed up big time with Colbert. Playing him at CB when he could of started with Jenkins at Safety.. would have been 1000x better

Stop with the Surtain nonsense. He isn’t coming here. No way in ****.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aunt, uncle, cousin?

Advertisement

aunt, uncle, cousin?

Grandma

Blades Jr. - press corner
Ivey - zone corner
Frierson - add bulk, deep safety

Press and zone is not a type of corner. They need to be able to do both. Ivey is so long he should excel when he’s playing press D

Advertisement
Back