2018 CWS Predictions

If Mississippi St beats OU today, it looks like they will have 8 of the 16 (assuming the 4 left in the winner's bracket win one more game)!

In addition to football, SEC dominance of baseball now appears complete.

Half the teams in baseball making the Supers is impressive, although i think one of the four will get knocked out.

Regarding football:
Three SEC teams finished in the top-16 in CFB.
The Big 10-4, Big 12-3, ACC-2 1/2, and the Pac 10-2.

SEC football isn't close to the standard the baseball teams have set.
Alabama dominant? Yes.
The SEC? No.

Advertisement
So sick of these goober rednecks running college sports by openly paying players and thumbing their noses at everyone else because that douche Emmert let’s them get away with it.

So sick of these goober rednecks running college sports by openly paying players and thumbing their noses at everyone else because that douche Emmert let’s them get away with it.

Agree w this wholeheartedly. Look at how long our football investigation dragged on, Coach L getting slandered via another corrupt FBI investigation, and SEC teams get slaps on the wrist, if anything at all.

And while Bama is legit, they are the NY Yankees of CFB. And look at the deference paid to them any time there is a coin toss decision to be made on playoff selections, BCS, etc. We were treated just the opposite during our run in football.

Half the teams in baseball making the Supers is impressive, although i think one of the four will get knocked out.

Regarding football:
Three SEC teams finished in the top-16 in CFB.
The Big 10-4, Big 12-3, ACC-2 1/2, and the Pac 10-2.

SEC football isn't close to the standard the baseball teams have set.
Alabama dominant? Yes.
The SEC? No.

Fair enough, but there have been a couple all $EC title games (whether deserved or not, that's a different issue).

Duke comes all the way back from losing the first game to win the Athens regional.

Advertisement
FAU wins 7-4 pushing the Gators to a winner take all game later tonight.

FAU up 2-0 in the top of the first against UF in the second game today. Man, how sweet would it be to watch the Gates blow this? Too many innings left to get excited but a guy can hope I guess.

FAU up 2-0 in the top of the first against UF in the second game today. Man, how sweet would it be to watch the Gates blow this? Too many innings left to get excited but a guy can hope I guess.
That would ******* awesome lol .... Ole **** got ousted too by Tenn Tech so idk you never know the SEC isn't looking so bright today

That would ******* awesome lol .... Ole **** got ousted too by Tenn Tech so idk you never know the SEC isn't looking so bright today

With Ole Miss and UGA choking at home, it still makes 6 of the 16 from the SEC. Even though I typically hate rooting for tobacco road, let's hope Duke and NC represent the ACC well and become two of the eight punching their ticket to Omaha.

Advertisement
Florida has scored more runs in 5 innings against the #1 pick in the draft than we scored in 27 innings against Pittsburgh’s entire roster.

Post-season trivia:

What did Mark Kingston do last Saturday that Jim Morris didn’t do once in his last ten seasons combined?

Advertisement
Back