2018 Alabama commit talks Canes

View as article

ErickMarreroU

Staff Writer
Premium
After recently committing to Alabama last month, 2018 ATH Xavier Williams says he's open to every school, but there's one school that's pushing Alabama to the test -- the University of Miami.

"I'm still 100% committed to Alabama," says Williams. "Miami is my #2 right now and they're pushing for me really hard."

Williams attends Chaminade-Madonna HS, a school that hasn't sent a player to Miami since Jordan Futch in 2008.

"I don't really focus on that," Williams said. "I really like Miami, it's just that I had a better relationship with Alabama and they had a better relationship with my family and you know sometimes you just have to solidify a position with them."

With Williams only being a junior, his recruitment has a long way to go.

"Miami still has a chance of course," said Willams "Recruiting has picked up actually since I committed to Alabama."

"Miami is home, they're making more of a priority, which they did before, they're just turning it up a notch."

Williams will be visiting Miami next week for Junior Day, he also mentioned that he might fly out to Alabama for their Junior Day after the Nike Opening.

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
Would love to have him.

To be honest, when he talks about the relationship bammer has with his family, it makes me realize it's going to be an uphill struggle.

Would love to have him.

To be honest, when he talks about the relationship bammer has with his family, it makes me realize it's going to be an uphill struggle.

I'm trying to figure out outside of Saban, who at Bama he has such a long standing relationship with. They just overhauled their entire staff.

Advertisement
Lol well I wonder who had the relationship with his family because all of the coaches he would be working with just bolted. Lol "relationship"

Advertisement
After recently committing to Alabama last month, 2018 ATH Xavier Williams says he's open to every school, but there's one school that's pushing Alabama to the test --- The Miami Hurricanes

"I'm still 100% committed to Alabama." says Williams "Miami is my #2 right now and they're pushing for me really hard."

Williams attends Chaminade-Madonna HS, a school that hasn't sent a player to Miami in years

"I don't really focus on that." Williams said "I really like Miami, it's just that i had a better relationship with Alabama and they had a better relationship with my family and you know sometimes you just have to solidify a position with them."

With Williams only being a junior, his recruitment has a long way to go

"Miami still has a chance of course." said Willams "Recruiting has picked up actually since i committed to Alabama."

"Miami is home, they're making more of a priority, which they did before, they're just turning it up a notch."

Williams will be visiting Miami next week for Junior Day, he also mentioned that he might fly out to Alabama for their Junior Day after the Nike Opening

Yeah homie, we know! But sometimes you have some self worth and tell them if they ain't gonna wait they can kick rocks. Once kids stop letting Bama push them around like this it's gonna be bad for them. Just takes a few to start it.

" 'I don't really focus on that." Williams said "I really like Miami, it's just that i had a better relationship with Alabama and they had a better relationship with my family and you know sometimes you just have to solidify a position with them.' "

did you all miss this part I bolded it so you wouldn't miss it don't miss it okay

Advertisement
Is wide receiver the position this guy is projected at? Any possibility of any other position? There's a reason I'm asking. Alabama and talented wide receiver don't mix. That is, if the wide receiver wants to actually catch passes in an actual football game.

Advertisement
Would love to have him.

I'm trying to figure out outside of Saban, who at Bama he has such a long standing relationship with. They just overhauled their entire staff.

Exactly. And I'm sure Sabag doesn't have much of a relationship with a 2018 WR at this stage.

Pretty sure his relationship was with Cristobag and Napier just like Harry Beudy's. The only remaining relationship for him with Alabaga is with the loot.

"I really like Miami, it's just that i had a better relationship with Alabama and they had a better relationship with my family and you know sometimes you just have to solidify a position with them."

A bit too honest here. Basically, I just did it to reserve my spot but I'm wide open.

Advertisement
Back