2018-2019 Schedule

Advertisement
Non-conference schedule has been released. I’m underwhelmed as expected.

2018-19 Miami Men's Basketball Non-Conference Schedule
October

30 Barry University (Exhibition)

November
9 Lehigh
13 Stephen F. Austin
17 Bethune-Cookman
22 vs. La Salle, 2:30 p.m. ET (ESPNU)^
23 vs. Northwestern or Fresno State^
25 vs. Grand Canyon, Hawai'i, Seton Hall or Utah^
28 Rutgers (ACC/Big Ten Challenge)

December
1 vs. Yale#
4 at Penn (The Palestra)
19 Houston Baptist
22 Florida Atlantic
29 Campbell

Zero excuse to finish with more than 1 loss with that. Probably should go undefeated, what a **** poor schedule once again.

Advertisement
I guess L is going with the, as long as we do well in ACC, it doesn't matter approach, which has worked recently. I doubt this changes with the ACC moving to 20 games. It sucks, but it is what it is.

With such a big roster turnover, this gives coaches a chance to try out defenses, determine where/who points are gonna come from, etc. Gives the new players some game opportunity to play together and hopefully gel.

I guess L is going with the, as long as we do well in ACC, it doesn't matter approach, which has worked recently. I doubt this changes with the ACC moving to 20 games. It sucks, but it is what it is.

That's all well and good, but nobody should be complaining about poor fan turnout then. I'm about as close to "die hard" as Canes basketball fans can be, and with this schedule, I'm uninterested until January.

I'd rather schedule a game @Kansas or @Kentucky and get smoked by 20 then take on the who's who of the Ivy and Patriot Leagues.

Last edited:
Advertisement
That's all well and good, but nobody should be complaining about poor fan turnout then. I'm about as close to "die hard" as Canes basketball fans can be, and with this schedule, I'm uninterested until January.

I'd rather schedule a game @Kansas or @Kentucky and get smoked by 20 then take on the who's who of the Ivy and Patriot Leagues.

I never said I liked it or agreed with it, just stating what is likely a fact (or facts).

SFA is an interesting game and no pushover.

They had a good season last year and played TT close before losing in the last couple in the opening round. Plus, most of their team returns.

This is what I thought the non-conference schedule would look like this season:
November:
FIU at Home (Home opener with a local rival)
North Florida at Home (Home game with a state rival)
USF on the road (Anthony Lawrence home game for our senior)
UCF on the road (road game with a state rival)
FGCU on the road (Road game with a state rival)
UCONN on the road (Road game in the Northeast recruiting area)
Maryland at home (ACC/Big Ten Challenge)(home game against a DC recruiting area team)

December:
Kansas in the Hoophall Classic in Miami (American Airlines Arena)(Team evaluation game)
Nevada at Home (Home game against a preseason top 10 team)(Team evaluation game)
Charlotte on the road (Ebuka Izundu home game for our senior)
Temple on the road (Road game in the Philadelphia recruiting area)
Orange Bowl Classic (End of December)
Game one: FAU
Game two: Florida
Atleast I got one team right.
GO CANES.

Advertisement
Back