2017 RB

MiamiChris

Freshman
It looks like Coach Brown started following Stephon Fulse Jr, RB out of Fort Meade. His highlights say 2016 was his Sr. Year but some sites said 2017. Film looks good, is anyone familiar with him?

Advertisement
Well, his twitter says his 2016 HL's were the "Last Ride", so looks like he was a Senior this past season. Can't find much on him.

He also tweeted recently that he lifted "255 on clean & jerk, 295 on the bench press", so he's pretty strong.

Also said a week ago that: Recieved my 5th offer from Alabama Prep - Birmingham

Last edited:
I watched his C&J. He's basically muscling it up. His numbers, with actual good technique, would be way higher than that. Would do a lot better with a college S&C coach.

Advertisement
Pass... we shouldn't be going after no running back like this imo. Grad transfer for a 1 year stop gap or nothing. Take 2 in 2018

Pass... we shouldn't be going after no running back like this imo. Grad transfer for a 1 year stop gap or nothing. Take 2 in 2018

A 1 year stop gap isn't what we need though. What this class needed to produce was the #2 RB in 2018, the #1 in 2019. We (barring injury) didn't need a contributor this year. We needed to prepare for the possibility of walton having another strong season and declaring. Mcfagland would have been the guy but we lost him, and nobody should be assuming any amount of production out of Burns until a record of sustained health can be established. We are looking at a true freshmens backing up Homer in 18, which might not be a big deal if that true freshmens is Lingard, but it is going to be a big deal if that true freshmens isn't absolutely elite.

Advertisement

Grad transfers generally want to have PT available. We have a proven returning RB in Walton that will likely discourage these guys.

Unfortunately if Walton gets injured, we're likely ****ed. I do think Homer has talent, but as a RB he's unproven at the college level.

A 1 year stop gap isn't what we need though. What this class needed to produce was the #2 RB in 2018, the #1 in 2019. We (barring injury) didn't need a contributor this year. We needed to prepare for the possibility of walton having another strong season and declaring. Mcfagland would have been the guy but we lost him, and nobody should be assuming any amount of production out of Burns until a record of sustained health can be established. We are looking at a true freshmens backing up Homer in 18, which might not be a big deal if that true freshmens is Lingard, but it is going to be a big deal if that true freshmens isn't absolutely elite.

I agree, we need a two year guy at least not 1, that's why I thought it would have been nice to get Stanton Truitt. Walton gone after next.

Advertisement
Back