2017 RB Colin Wilson Update Per 247

Golden Era

i mean Richt Era
"Well all of their coaches just followed me on Twitter out of nowhere today so I followed back," Wilson said. "I don't know when they might start messaging but I'm guessing pretty soon. The old staff offered the scholarship a long time ago but that was about it. I would like to hear more and I think that's about to start."

Even in North Florida, Wilson has connections to Hurricanes, both present and future, who won't be shy about putting in their two cents.

"I like their history of winning, how they work, and their style of play," Wilson said. "I know Shaquille Quarterman, we've been competing against each other since middle school. We talk sometimes and Nick Roberts from Oakleaf is in my class. I asked him when he's visiting again and I might go with him sometime in February. Both of them have been into Miami a long time."

Wilson is in for a long process though and hasn't really attempted to get much figured out. It won't be easy sifting through offers from Alabama, Auburn, Clemson, Florida, Georgia, Ohio State, Ole Miss, Stanford, Tennessee, USC, and many more.

"It's very early right now, I'll worry about that more as a senior," Wilson said. "I probably won't decide until signing day anyway. I've been to a few schools but I'll go wherever my coaches take me this spring. I'll try and get out some places but I can't guarantee anywhere."

Wilson racked up offers so quickly that even with 23 in total, his last one arrived almost nine months ago. He's had plenty of opportunity to get over the initial rush of attention.

"I don't want to seem ****y so I don't usually bring it up around most people," Wilson said. "It means a lot though, I thank my family and my coaches for pushing me. I didn't think the offers would come so fast but I expected to get some eventually."

The other reason recruiting may have slowed is since he only ran for 490 yards and 12 touchdowns on 93 carries as a junior. 2014 was clearly his best campaign with 218 attempts for 1555 yards and 27 scores.

"I'm a balanced running back, I can get by you or run you over," Wilson said. "After my injury, I lost some speed and wasn't up to my usual self. I had a torn ACL the end of my sophomore season and I came back a little too early for this season. I'll be full go again for senior year."

Wilson is a four star prospect according to the 247Sports Composite, ranking him 71st overall in the nation, 5th at his position, and 11th overall in the state of Florida.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Boy did i just post this article late af thinking i was first...let me go delete it LOL

Highlights:
[HUDL]athlete/2796883/highlights/98540382[/HUDL]

Sophmore Year-
[HUDL]athlete/2796883/highlights/172425376/[/HUDL]

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back