2017 QB commit N'kosi Perry.... (Edit)

Kid is very good. Certainly better than Florida's Phillippe Franks 2016 and Jake Allen 2017 both 4*. Florida also has another QB commit for 2016 that's a 2*. Point is coaches trust their own judgements about players and are not scouring Rivals rankings to see what they think.

Advertisement
I have never seen bigger haters in my life. Guys are saying this 16 or 17 year old kid who loves miami looks like a good player, & you ******* losers find a way to be negative about it.

Maybe merge these two thread?

https://www.canesinsight.com/thread/nkosi-perry-junior-highlights/95450

My thoughts:

Fundamentally he's got some things to work on and when running he looks like someone who grew a lot recently and is getting used to be taller.

The thing I love about him is how catchable his ball seems to be. He has a really soft delivery where the ball just drops down softly into the receivers hands. I know he was a Gator, but think Danny Wuerffel, who had one of the most catchable balls I've ever seen.

He also could've run on a lot of those plays, but bought himself time with his feet, and found an open receiver.

I don't know who we'll go after and while some aspects of his game are still raw, he'll make someone very happy signing day. If he's a priority of ours, I didn't see one thing that would concern me if he ends up here.

Advertisement
Advertisement

I would love to hear you try and explain how he looks like Leak. That's without question one of the oddest comparisons I've seen in a long time.

I'd still like to hear how you think he looks like Leak. I would be absolutely thrilled to have a Chris Leak clone here. I'm not saying this young man can't be as good (See my thoughts above) one day, but Leak was polished as **** in high school and had insane stats. When the AA game happened, he was clearly the best QB out there while Wright looked like dog****. Gatorade crowned the wrong player that year.

I would love to hear you try and explain how he looks like Leak. That's without question one of the oddest comparisons I've seen in a long time.

I'd still like to hear how you think he looks like Leak. I would be absolutely thrilled to have a Chris Leak clone here. I'm not saying this young man can't be as good (See my thoughts above) one day, but Leak was polished as **** in high school and had insane stats. When the AA game happened, he was clearly the best QB out there while Wright looked like dog****. Gatorade crowned the wrong player that year.

agreed. I played high school football in Charlotte/Huntersville and my team played against Independence (who Leak played for). Although I'm younger and didn't play against the team that Leak was on, they are legit in every since of the word and the charlotte area has sent several great college prospects recently. Independence also had mohamed massaquoi on that team.

Point is, Leak was the talk of the town nearly all year heading off to Florida and playing very well. Many around there were very surprised that he never ended up panning out in the NFL

Last edited:
Advertisement
I know his qb coach and this kid's recruiting is just starting. It will be a tough road to keep him.

Geesh!...imagine if he rolled to his right and threw on the run??

But seriously, great arm. Hope he sticks with us.

agreed. I played high school football in Charlotte/Huntersville and my team played against Independence (who Leak played for). Although I'm younger and didn't play against the team that Leak was on, they are legit in every since of the world and the charlotte area has sent several great college prospects recently. Independence also had mohamed massaquoi on that team.

Point is, Leak was the talk of the town nearly all year heading off to Florida and playing very well. Many around there were very surprised that he never ended up panning out in the NFL

:sanford:

Advertisement
Leak was a machine in HS. Threw for tons of yards. As for perry, he's a nice qb but I'd feel uneasy if he was the lone qb in the 2017 class. Richt needs to complement him with a more polished qb. Perry lacks fundamentals although he's a great athlete

Anyone know where you can find some good Chris Leak film? YouTube doesnt have much and Ive been wanting to study his high school scheme for awhile

Advertisement
Back