2017 Pre-Spring Record Predictions

motorcitycane

Senior
2017 is a vital year for Miami on the field.

Plenty of momentum for Miami in recruiting and the bowl win. We all know that helped us finish strong in the 2017 cycle. Miami has a chance at a class that finishes in the top 5 this cycle. I believe 11 wins total would get us that top 5 class as well as how we look during the games and being competitive.

Brad Kaaya is gone. Had he returned I actually believe this team would have surprised all and gone 12-0 with the schedule.

My biggest concerns with our team are the secondary #1 and QB #2 . Thats the only question marks I have for this group. Everything else on the team appears to be solid so far.

Games
1. Bethune Cookman W
2. Arkansas State W
3. Florida State W
Some of you may get shocked that I put FSU at doak as a win. I am a believer that Dalvin Cook single handedly beat us for 3 years. He is no longer there and this Front 7 will hurt Francois again. If we lose this game it is likely due to our QB not being ready. I think everyone else is going to bring it.

4. Toledo W
5. Duke W
6. GT W
7. Syracuse W
8. UNC W
They lost too many players from last season. Plus Miami is now 7-0 and has reach its mid season form and identity for our offense and defense.

9. VT W
They lose a lot of talent as well and the QB. Miami's momentum continues and we are now 9-0.

10. ND (Trap Game) W
Which ND shows up? Last years squad? Or who they were supposed to be pre-season top 10? They return a great deal of talent so I feel this game will be a matchup of ranked teams. Miami at home is the difference.

11. UVA W
Al Golden aint here no more. We not worried about UVA

12 Pitt W
I never really saw Pitt as a threat even Golden went 2-1 against them. That loss was corching. Give me Pastor Richt.

I dont fear a single coastal team this season. Not one inkling. Only two ways I see us in the regular season 10-2. 11-1. Or 12-0.

I got FSU beating Clemson this season and meeting us again for the ACCG. I dont think Miami or FSU will sweep each other in the same season so whoever wins the regular season game I see losing the ACCG.

So I predict 12-0. Worst case 10-2.
Loss in the ACCG to FSU/CLEM. That loss ends the playoff talk for us. We go on to win the NY6 bowl game and finish 13-1 and ranked top 10.

How about you guys?

Last edited:
Advertisement
There is zero excuse for not winning at least 10 games next year and capturing the Coastal. I don't care if Mickey Mouse is our quarterback...with the defense we have coming back and a **** easy schedule the time for excuses is over.

We judge Richt, good or bad, on what he does this season. The opportunity is right there for the taking and I'm pretty sick of consistently losing games we should win every year.

10-2

FSU - Assuming Perry or Allison is our starting QB, playing @FSU in their 3rd start is too tough. Just too big of a game that early in their career. Wished we played them later in the season. Getting FSU back in the ACC Championship game is a more likely scenario IMO.

VT/ND/Pitt - We're better than these teams, but against one of them we'll just play a bad game and it'll cost us. We should handle UNC and GT.

We finally win the Coastal and go into the ACCCG ranked in the #8 - #12 range

Advertisement
Agree with everything except Syracuse is the "Trap Game" imo. No way we ignore or underestimate ND this year after that atrocious loss last year. For the record I would love to sweep FSU in two games but I agree it most likely won't happen so I would rather win the ACCCG against them, which would most likely end their bid for the CFP and give us a chance at a CFP bid. Imagine that :sanford:

Last edited:
A little presumptuous OP. W a rookie QB, no way I see us going undefeated; but w/ our def and skill players, I see us hitting 10 games w a ACC Coastal crown. I was really thinking about this, but Clemson should take a step back this year. B4 Watson they were mediocre and now that he's gone, I can see them taking a step back. If we played FSU (again) in the ACCCG or Clemson, I think we have a good shot, but are still one more year away. Therefore, I see us losing a close ACCCG but demolishing any team we play in a bowl game. Final record 11-3 and getting a top 2 recruiting class for 18.

We can beat everyone we play. No one has an overwhelming talent edge over us and that includes fsu. The gap is closing. With that being said I cane see Miami having a 10-12 win regular season. Pretty favorable schedule and a lot of schools are breaking in new qbs and other starters all over the place

Advertisement
New QB, either the career backup Rosier or one of the guys who haven't played a college game yet. An OL that has yet to prove itself capable of supporting a strong running game. One RB, Walton, who has produced; the others might turn out fine, but who knows? The WRs look solid (Richards will be a star), but Herndon and company have big shoes to fill at TE. The defensive front seven is one of the best, but the DBs have to step up. Throw in bad luck with key injuries and bad calls. Eleven wins are possible, but so are eight or nine. Finishing the year in the top 5 or 10 would be sweet, but finishing in the top 15 would be another step forward for a staff in its second year. Recruit another top class, and 2018 will be the breakout year. I hope the OP's prediction happens in 2017, but I'm not letting my expectations get too high.

Advertisement
If we go 12-0, then lose to FSU in the ACCCG, we could still make the playoffs. Depends on how many other teams are 12-1, 12-0, 11-1, or 13-0

10-2

FSU - Assuming Perry or Allison is our starting QB, playing @FSU in their 3rd start is too tough. Just too big of a game that early in their career. Wished we played them later in the season. Getting FSU back in the ACC Championship game is a more likely scenario IMO.

VT/ND/Pitt - We're better than these teams, but against one of them we'll just play a bad game and it'll cost us. We should handle UNC and GT.

We finally win the Coastal and go into the ACCCG ranked in the #8 - #12 range

Idk, they both seem like gamers to me.

Just a bit early for these kinds of threads my friend.

'Tis the season for OT threads and mat drills.

Advertisement
Loss @ FSU and one more somewhere in there. 10-2 with a rematch of FSU in aaccg, we beat them second time around and finish 11-2 with a New Years 6 bowl

Advertisement
Back