2017 Palm Beach Gardens LB/DE Vandarius Cowan (Att. Jr. Day)

Geo305

Retired staff
Premium
This 2017 linebacker from Palm Beach was at Miami's junior day. Love his size, tenacity and energy on the field. Very energetic player.

Have not seen him live and first I heard of him was today. From same school as Tevon Coney Notre Dame linebacker commit from 2015 and 2016 safety Devin Studstill who was at Junior Day.

6'4"

Does look a little lighter than that. Not sure if he will put his hand in the dirt in college or play outside linebacker. A bit of a tweener and I want to see more in coverage but I love what he brings to the pass rush and he's very aggressive and hits like he has something to prove.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3434050/highlights/209699380

Wondering if recent landing of Charles Perry from that Palm Beach area and 2016 & 2017 commits from the Palm Beach area in Ahmmon Richards and Todd Centeio will play a factor here.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Between Waynmon Steed from Central, Deandre Wilder from Carol City both from South Florida and now Vandarius Cowan from Palm Beach. Linebacker looks pretty good inside the state just from down here for 2017.

I know we got Shaq, Zach and Mike for 2016. And I hope staff adds one more in a guy like 2016 best South Florida defender Donovan Thompson from Central or Devin Bush Jr from Flanagan(If we can land him) at LB'er.

But it's never too early to look at kids we will be seeing a lot of in future cycles.

We NEED the depth at linebacker.

Miami should be the first school on all these kids in the tri-counties....especially with Ice, Baez, and Beard on staff.

We should never hear about ballers in S FL getting offered by other schools first. Never.

Vandarious is a heavy FSU Lean right now. Here is a pic of him from yesterday.

cowan.jpg

Last edited:
Advertisement
our LB depth chart is not very good. even if we do sign the 2016 trio currently committed, we should have room for all 3 '17 guys mentioned here.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back